oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

That Cardiff link makes sense given Moore on his way to Bournemouth. Hopefully we get our money back on him.

If Moore is going for as much as is touted, we could even somehow make a profit. Which I think is quite mad really. No disrespect to Uche as I love the guy but I never thought we'd make a profit on him by selling him this month.

1 hour ago, chickenlunch said:

am I right in thinking Hendrick is a more defensive minded midfielder? cos in my opinion, we don't currently have a CM who's natural instincts are to protect the defence. The closest is Howson, but he's really more of a box-to-box guy.. so if Hendrick is going to fill that Mikel/Clayton role, then I can understand us going for it

Hendrick's is a bit more of an attacking or box to box midfielder if anything, he doesn't do a whole lot in general when I've seen him play though, doesn't create chances doesn't cover the defence, can't pass, just has a bit of energy...

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him but always thought he was a bit of an Andy King who doesn't really do anything of note, but fans think he's a decent link for us because he occasionally played in a Premier League team.

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Hendrick's is a bit more of an attacking or box to box midfielder if anything, he doesn't do a whole lot in general when I've seen him play though, doesn't create chances doesn't cover the defence, can't pass, just has a bit of energy...

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him but always thought he was a bit of an Andy King who doesn't really do anything of note, but fans think he's a decent link for us because he occasionally played in a Premier League team.

I think you're exaggerating a bit there Foogle, he isn't that good  🙂

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

They are all entitled to hold Irish (Republic) Passports even Rangers supporting Paddy as they were all born in Ireland. They could all play for the Republic as well without needing the Great Grandmother's Whippet came from Sligo claim.  

Anyways the Sol Brynn thing does seem strange, I get that he replaces Stojanovic but surely it made far more sense to leave him where he was playing until we had a Goalkeeping crisis. I'd rather we give Sol a go rather than developing other teams youngsters to his detriment sat with splinters.

I say the more Irish people at Boro the better 👍

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 3
6 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

Sky bigging up Spence's assist last night.  Let's hope a big bid comes in for him this window.  Would be good to put that one to bed.

He did run 50 yards past three Barnsley players by the looks of it.  Not that he's any good of course.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He did run 50 yards past three Barnsley players by the looks of it.  Not that he's any good of course.

It was a really good assist in all fairness. When he's on, he's really on. I still have concerns about his mentality personally, but he's definitely having a hell of a season for Forest.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was a really good assist in all fairness. When he's on, he's really on. I still have concerns about his mentality personally, but he's definitely having a hell of a season for Forest.

Needs to be attacking from deep as well, just like that.  He isn't as skilful as Jones but he's probably quicker and stronger.  Playing him as a winger was a waste of time for us. I'd have loved to see them pair up as a right back/right winger combo for a season or two but alas it's not meant to be.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Not for me. We weren't punting balls into the box really, even when Coburn came on (although of course that was only for a few minutes). Taylor wasn't able to get past his man, and Jones was cutting back and trying to find feet more than hoying it into the box. We needed a little bit more guile in midfield, rather than someone to lump it up to up front. Blackburn's centre backs would have had Ikpeazu's number. And I say this as someone who likes him in general.

We did hoof it aimlessly quite a lot in the first half though. 

We need a more offensive Left Wingback, I'd be looking at Ryan Sessegnon on loan from Spurs, not really getting a look in at Spurs, only started 2 games in the Prem. We know how good he is at this level and would offer similar attacking intent to Jones on the opposite flank.

1 minute ago, CambridgeBoro said:

We need a more offensive Left Wingback, I'd be looking at Ryan Sessegnon on loan from Spurs, not really getting a look in at Spurs, only started 2 games in the Prem. We know how good he is at this level and would offer similar attacking intent to Jones on the opposite flank.

There’s absolutely no chance of us signing Ryan Sessegnon or him even leaving Spurs this window imo 

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

There’s absolutely no chance of us signing Ryan Sessegnon or him even leaving Spurs this window imo 

I know it's not going to happen, it was just a suggestion of someone who would fit that LWB position.

He didn't exactly set the world on fire at Hoffenheim last season, but we know he is a class player at this level, he needs to leave Spurs to kick start his career, he's getting barely any game time at Spurs, and I haven't seen any Prem teams linked with him.

If he was to go anywhere it would probably be back to Fulham, especially if they do go up this season.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic