oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

The Connolly discussion is a little bit unfair to the lad. It's two games and let's be fair boro have been a little of the pace even if we did get last minute winner in one of them.

Give him some more minutes and games before we write off... the being said would like to see barragon start

• Like 7
26 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Sam Johnstone was dropped for West Brom and wont play Saturday.  Highly unlikely we could get him but he would definitely be an upgrade!

Not a chance will be going to premier league if anywhere 

7 hours ago, xathras said:

The Connolly discussion is a little bit unfair to the lad. It's two games and let's be fair boro have been a little of the pace even if we did get last minute winner in one of them.

Give him some more minutes and games before we write off... the being said would like to see barragon start

CW professed support for the guy but also stated he has very little game time. The way he sold it I was expecting someone classy but what I have seen so far is below par of existing players. Hardly a spark that will ignite a fire. 
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wilder-middlesbrough-fans-love-connolly-22681587

Love how some of our fans are already on a players back after just 2 games but at same time believe the club should exercise patience with a player who been here 2.5yrs in Marcus Browne as he might still come good. Nothing quite like having a balanced point of view.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, xathras said:

I agree people have been a little harsh on him.

I think it has to be him or Sporar with Balogun or Watmore. Sporar and Connolly both seem to want through balls, playing them both together impacts our attacking play. You need one of the two to drop a little and get involved more which Watmore and by the looks him, Balogun will do.

• Like 1

You can say he was bad in the two games while still thinking he has the potential to sharpen up and be an important player this season. Both can be true. 

Still think Balogun deserves a couple of starts to show what he can do after Connoly didn't exactly seize his opportunity.

We don't have these guys for a huge amount of time so yes they will both be judged on short time periods - they're only here for about 20 games! 

13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Love how some of our fans are already on a players back after just 2 games but at same time believe the club should exercise patience with a player who been here 2.5yrs in Marcus Browne as he might still come good. Nothing quite like having a balanced point of view.

I think it's because he's just on loan. He's not our player so should we spend time getting him up to speed? If he was out own player I'm sure there would be more patience. But as SouthernSMoggie says it's not necessarily getting on his back by saying he's been a bit meh. Lot's of players have been getting a bit slack over the past two games. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I think it's because he's just on loan. He's not our player so should we spend time getting him up to speed? If he was out own player I'm sure there would be more patience. But as SouthernSMoggie says it's not necessarily getting on his back by saying he's been a bit meh. Lot's of players have been getting a bit slack over the past two games. 

And that's been my real issue with these two striker Loans is that they were for players who are inexperienced and not match fit. They could be really talented but it takes time to get up to speed and get used to a new league. They're not the sort of January signings that will hit the ground running so unless there's a view to get them back next season too our resources would've been better spent on more seasoned pros and these sort of loanees left for the summer window.

• Like 1

I haven’t been impressed by his performances so far but he has missed a lot of football and the circumstances in which he’s come into the team have been a little tough. He’s clearly got talent, I just hope he can start showing it sooner rather than later. I think he might actually start again on Saturday.

29 minutes ago, Foogle said:

And that's been my real issue with these two striker Loans is that they were for players who are inexperienced and not match fit. They could be really talented but it takes time to get up to speed and get used to a new league. They're not the sort of January signings that will hit the ground running so unless there's a view to get them back next season too our resources would've been better spent on more seasoned pros and these sort of loanees left for the summer window.

We should be starting sporar and watmore and introducing the other two from the bench to gain minutes and freshen us up later in games. my issue is with wilder just hoying in connolly and dropping watmore instantly. then we see connolly is infact *** and it makes me fume at the decision to play him. balogun looks like a nice player but even he shouldnt be starting. i like the look of him but he looks a proper southern softie arsenal lovie dovie. does he have the stomach for a proper fight or is he just going to fall over when feeling contact like he has done which annoyed me. 

i dont rate either of them on what i've seen so far and wilder better sort his *** out to or we are going to drop away from the play offs. he need to freshen up the midfield not the strikers. wilder isnt all that imo. we just had a new manager bounce for one and reality is setting in now. i think we will struggle to make the playoffs personally. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic