oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i dont rate either of them on what i've seen so far and wilder better sort his *** out to or we are going to drop away from the play offs. he need to freshen up the midfield not the strikers. wilder isnt all that imo. we just had a new manager bounce for one and reality is setting in now. i think we will struggle to make the playoffs personally. 

That didn't take long...

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

We should be starting sporar and watmore and introducing the other two from the bench to gain minutes and freshen us up later in games. my issue is with wilder just hoying in connolly and dropping watmore instantly. then we see connolly is infact *** and it makes me fume at the decision to play him. balogun looks like a nice player but even he shouldnt be starting. i like the look of him but he looks a proper southern softie arsenal lovie dovie. does he have the stomach for a proper fight or is he just going to fall over when feeling contact like he has done which annoyed me. 

i dont rate either of them on what i've seen so far and wilder better sort his *** out to or we are going to drop away from the play offs. he need to freshen up the midfield not the strikers. wilder isnt all that imo. we just had a new manager bounce for one and reality is setting in now. i think we will struggle to make the playoffs personally. 

Mate….go and take a walk round the block 🙂

• Like 1
On 1/25/2022 at 5:16 PM, Foogle said:

This was a strange one for me, we ended up with 5 strikers on the pitch at the end but I think replacing Howson with Payero could have given us more creativity and quality in the build up rather than replacing Howson with a striker. Or maybe 4 strikers just isn't quite enough to score? 🤠

Yeah, I think he was channelling prime Steve McClaren.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SmogInSheff said:

Yeah, I think he was channelling prime Steve McClaren.

It is the one small concern I have had with his subs in the last couple games - he does seem to suffer from "just put all the strikers on" syndrome. Whether this is simply because he doesn't like Payero, or he legit suffers from "just put all the strikers on" syndrome, I can't tell. An extra striker or two and then try and increase the delivery and creativity with Payero makes more sense to me.

But then I'm not a football manager, so what do I know 🙂

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

We should be starting sporar and watmore and introducing the other two from the bench to gain minutes and freshen us up later in games. my issue is with wilder just hoying in connolly and dropping watmore instantly. then we see connolly is infact *** and it makes me fume at the decision to play him. balogun looks like a nice player but even he shouldnt be starting. i like the look of him but he looks a proper southern softie arsenal lovie dovie. does he have the stomach for a proper fight or is he just going to fall over when feeling contact like he has done which annoyed me. 

So you like the look of Balogun but simultaneously don’t rate him? 

4 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

Posting this here because he signed this window… first goal for australia tonight coming off the bench 

With his weaker foot as well

23 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

It has been said that Watmore is carrying an injury so he might well have been starting otherwise. 

Wilder isn't a magician we were about 10/1 to get in the playoffs when Warnock was fired and we're about 3/2 now. With essentially the same players a manager we can't expect a manager to have made such a huge difference in results and be able to keep that up forever we are eventually going to hit a sticky patch of form.

You look at social media after we lost a close game to second in the league away from home and you'd think the sky is falling and every player needs to be sold...

• Like 1

Connolly hasn't been great so far but still early days. The one thing in his favour is he is getting chances and a lot of that is to do with his movement that has aided in creating those. So I think he would get a few from now until the end of the season if he gets a run. My main worry with him is I can see him getting sent off especially when things aren't clicking. Personally I would prefer Balogun to get a run of starts ahead of him.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It is the one small concern I have had with his subs in the last couple games - he does seem to suffer from "just put all the strikers on" syndrome. Whether this is simply because he doesn't like Payero, or he legit suffers from "just put all the strikers on" syndrome, I can't tell. An extra striker or two and then try and increase the delivery and creativity with Payero makes more sense to me.

But then I'm not a football manager, so what do I know 🙂

I agree with you, putting a player on who can create a chance for a striker makes more sense to me. But I guess he think more numbers up top means more chances to score.  

19 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Connolly hasn't been great so far but still early days. The one thing in his favour is he is getting chances and a lot of that is to do with his movement that has aided in creating those. So I think he would get a few from now until the end of the season if he gets a run. My main worry with him is I can see him getting sent off especially when things aren't clicking. Personally I would prefer Balogun to get a run of starts ahead of him.

Could probably do with a stint as super sub. 

This is the one criticism that blades had of wilder, the strikers he bought didn't work out. its too early to write of connolly and I'd like to think having Scott on board would negate the issue of signing bad strikers. We've been brilliant at that before they came lol. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I suppose in his defence its worked once and really we should have got the equaliser against Blackburn having done it again. Although there is the Sevilla effect where we could become unstuck and end up getting thrashed. 

None of the strikers were involved for our goals against mansfield 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I suppose in his defence its worked once and really we should have got the equaliser against Blackburn having done it again. Although there is the Sevilla effect where we could become unstuck and end up getting thrashed. 

To be fair, both goals and the two great chances vs Blackburn were by Matt Crooks. Valid question as to how much of a difference having those strikers on the pitch made when it's your CM getting the chances anyway.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic