oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

9 minutes ago, notjade said:

None of the strikers were involved for our goals against mansfield 🤷‍♂️

Ikpeazu scored and I don't think we had 4 strikers on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

To be fair, both goals and the two great chances vs Blackburn were by Matt Crooks. Valid question as to how much of a difference having those strikers on the pitch made when it's your CM getting the chances anyway.

I'm not disagreeing with that but having 4 forwards on the pitch is likely going to cause problems re: marking and general problems in a crowded area which could aid in Crooks getting the chances. As you would be expecting your forwards to score more than your more defensive minded players. 

My point is technically it worked in the game prior (we scored twice and won) and Crooks should have scored against Blackburn. Im not saying I agree with it just playing devils advocate with it. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Ikpeazu scored and I don't think we had 4 strikers on the pitch. 

Sorry, Reading. We threw all our strikers on and they weren't involved in either goal

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, notjade said:

Sorry, Reading. We threw all our strikers on and they weren't involved in either goal

Ah right I get you. As explained later in the post although they weren't involved i think the fact that they're present would cause a bigger threat and problems to say Dijksteel/Fry being thrown into the mixer chasing a goal albeit indirectly here rather than actually being involved in the goal.

Barca in talks to sign Adama. His move to spurs has collapsed as he does not want to play RWB. Potentially opens up a late bid from Spurs for Spence. Here is hoping…

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Barca in talks to sign Adama. His move to spurs has collapsed as he does not want to play RWB. Potentially opens up a late bid from Spurs for Spence. Here is hoping…

I don't think any team will pay for him as they have to wait until the summer unless they sign him to get ahead of the competion. However spurs need players for now

48 minutes ago, notjade said:

I mean they were all in the box, taking the attention of defenders. If crooks is in there on his own he doesn't get those chances. Just because they didn't touch the ball doesn't mean they weren't involved or that the tactics didn't contribute. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Echo reporting that Graeme Lee wanted to take Coburn to hartlepool on loan but was told he wasn't available for loan

Yet ? I think Coburn will go on loan somewhere  , but we will replace him with a more experienced player with different attributes to our other 4 ,  before he gets his his loan . Josh needs game time , we need a plan B 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I mean they were all in the box, taking the attention of defenders. If crooks is in there on his own he doesn't get those chances. Just because they didn't touch the ball doesn't mean they weren't involved or that the tactics didn't contribute. 

Exactly that. If you're going for a Hail Mary you don't need more people to throw the ball, you need more people to catch it. At that point in the game we had 2-3 players to get the ball into the danger area (Tav, Jones, McNair), a couple to keep any eye on any breakouts and the rest were tasked to get into the box and try to score. Even if you don't get a chance to score, your presence is causing problems. 

It was noticeable that when Blackburn scored they started to panic and drop back. We did create the chances to equalise but didn't take them. 

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Echo reporting that Graeme Lee wanted to take Coburn to hartlepool on loan but was told he wasn't available for loan

Think that adds up with his return to the bench after his injury. I thought Wilder would be keen on getting him out on loan or at least sticking to the U23s to learn more about the style of play but he seems to value his contribution enough he wants him in the squad, just his knock that's been keeping him out.

51 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It still amazes me how there seems to be a different set of rules for Barcelona regarding signings. I would like to see Traore get another big move after moving to us from Villa.

It's crazy how they seem to be getting all these transfers in despite being in crippling debt, already signed Ferran Torres for big money, they are close to signing Ajax's Left Back who I know clubs like Chelsea and PSG were looking at so must be for fairly big bucks as Ajax don't sell cheap, and now Traore is being lined up.

Just makes a mockery of the system. I know City spend a load but at least they aren't taking out huge loans from the bank.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It still amazes me how there seems to be a different set of rules for Barcelona regarding signings. I would like to see Traore get another big move after moving to us from Villa.

Well apparently its a loan-to-buy deal. But it will cost Barca €35m to sign him permanently.

Personally I find it infuriating how some clubs can just ignore the rules. It would be nice if some authority stepped in to prevent Barca making it a permanent deal, but I somehow don't see it happening.

Can't fathom how they can afford to sign anyone when they are in as much debt as they are.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Yet ? I think Coburn will go on loan somewhere  , but we will replace him with a more experienced player with different attributes to our other 4 ,  before he gets his his loan . Josh needs game time , we need a plan B 

If we wanted an experienced player with different attributes, we wouldn't be trying to shift Ikpeazu.
Wilder has sung Coburn's praises since his first press conference, and brought him on instead of Ikpeazu when Sporar got injured in his first game. I imagine he is part of Wilder's plans, even if it is as a late sub for now.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic