oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well apparently its a loan-to-buy deal. But it will cost Barca €35m to sign him permanently.

Personally I find it infuriating how some clubs can just ignore the rules. It would be nice if some authority stepped in to prevent Barca making it a permanent deal, but I somehow don't see it happening.

Can't fathom how they can afford to sign anyone when they are as much debt as they are.

I lost respect for them when they were given a transfer ban then appealed against it meaning they signed the likes of Suarez Rakitic etc and I think they won the champions league that season and I'm sure one of them scored or got an assist. 

They can now do this. Perhaps Derby can ask for advice from them.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Boromir said:

our ex-academy player Billal Brahimi will join OGC Nice for €7m + after his medical today. Nice are currently ranking second in Ligue 1.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/nice-medical-for-billal-brahimi-today/

He is one player i dont think should have gone at all but i think i was reading he was homesick and wanted to go back to france? Interesting to see how he goes. He's looked excellent for Le Mans 

6 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

He is one player i dont think should have gone at all but i think i was reading he was homesick and wanted to go back to france? Interesting to see how he goes. He's looked excellent for Le Mans 

Club reluctantly let him go because he was homesick definitely.  Not sure if he was too young at the time to get a % of future sale or something in but shame we didn;t!

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I mean they were all in the box, taking the attention of defenders. If crooks is in there on his own he doesn't get those chances. Just because they didn't touch the ball doesn't mean they weren't involved or that the tactics didn't contribute. 

True, but they could've been anyone. Didn't all have to be strikers. I just hope Wilder didn't see that tactic "work" against Reading and think "well there's plan B sorted"

20 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:
27 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Club reluctantly let him go because he was homesick definitely.  Not sure if he was too young at the time to get a % of future sale or something in but shame we didn;t!

We didn't sell him. We offered him a contract and he turned it down. We will have gotten compensation for him, but no transfer fee.

• Like 1

A situation I don't fault the club or the player for.

He looked good when I watched the U23s hammer Redcar Athletic, I was disappointed to see him go, but I can't blame a young lad in a foreign country for being homesick when his contract is up.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

A situation I don't fault the club or the player for.

He looked good when I watched the U23s hammer Redcar Athletic, I was disappointed to see him go, but I can't blame a young lad in a foreign country for being homesick when his contract is up.

Was also with us over the Pulis years where the path from youth to first team was almost non existant. Wouldn't have really blamed any young players who left then, they wouldn't be getting a look in.

4 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

We should be starting sporar and watmore and introducing the other two from the bench to gain minutes and freshen us up later in games. my issue is with wilder just hoying in connolly and dropping watmore instantly. then we see connolly is infact *** and it makes me fume at the decision to play him. balogun looks like a nice player but even he shouldnt be starting. i like the look of him but he looks a proper southern softie arsenal lovie dovie. does he have the stomach for a proper fight or is he just going to fall over when feeling contact like he has done which annoyed me. 

i dont rate either of them on what i've seen so far and wilder better sort his *** out to or we are going to drop away from the play offs. he need to freshen up the midfield not the strikers. wilder isnt all that imo. we just had a new manager bounce for one and reality is setting in now. i think we will struggle to make the playoffs personally. 

Fight Boxing GIF by Harlem Globetrotters

1 hour ago, Tom said:

We didn't sell him. We offered him a contract and he turned it down. We will have gotten compensation for him, but no transfer fee.

left on a free, doesn't seem to have stayed in one place very long all through his development

2 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

Even if we had we wouldn't have got anything. He had already moved on from the Reims to Angers which would have removed the sell on clause!

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic