oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Honestly not sure why people are that bothered about Lumley. Can be improved upon sure but we've had plenty worse than him.

Put it this way, if the window closes and Lumley is still between the sticks, I don't think that's going to be a significant factor between play-offs or not. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost on Monday night.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Browne is a good decent player but injuries have not been kind these last few seasons, I doubt many clubs would be willing to match his current wages with his record if I’m honest. He needs a good run to get match fit and show himself and everyone what he can do.

its looking like it might be a loan move for him and I think if I was honest an 18 month loan till the end of his contract would be better for all, the loan club pays say 2/3 current wage we pay 1/3. He doesn’t loose out financially, we get a player in the shop window and every t/fer window we retain the right to sell. He has done nothing wrong and who knows a good run somewhere and he might show Wilder he was wrong.

• Like 3

I like Browne me just been unlucky with injuries. Like must of hit him mentally to of just came back scored last moment equaliser against Bournmouth then injured straight after to be out for over a year again. I think he has more ability than Colony like if he gets fit 

• Like 1

I follow him on twitter and he comes across as a nice lad, he interacts with the fans on there and has a good sense of humour. Shame it hasn't worked out for him, mainly due to injuries as I think he has potential if he can stay injury free.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Adama gone to Barca on loan. Somewhere Britt is making a phone call about getting the band back together 

Braithwaite Britt Adama

If you could get Adomah Braithwaite Britt and Adama... 😁

• Haha 4

The money just isn’t there to take risks financially on transfers unless your in the Premier League and even then it’s tough. Any chance a club has to try and get a lower price will be used, and imo that’s fair, the number of players available outstrips demand as clubs are beginning to realise that the Academy Model is now a potential gold mine or black hole. 

Contracts pre covid and post covid will probably bear no resemblance to each other and that’s not good for clubs or players, but it’s something that’s been needed for a while as the wages of some youngsters at certain clubs are more than the wage bill of some clubs, agents/ players and clubs are going to have to accept this, it’s not all covid fault but it has brought it to a head.

• Like 1

So we are still after a couple more, trying to shift some out too.  We were all delighted with early business.  If the next few days ends up with a couple of missed incomings are we still happy?  I think I would be.  I certainly don't want a couple of panic buy deadline day players.

1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

So we are still after a couple more, trying to shift some out too.  We were all delighted with early business.  If the next few days ends up with a couple of missed incomings are we still happy?  I think I would be.  I certainly don't want a couple of panic buy deadline day players.

I think it’s been a good window regardless if I’m honest. I wouldn’t say no to a left footed CB but I don’t think it’s crucial if the right player isn’t available.

26 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I think it’s been a good window regardless if I’m honest. I wouldn’t say no to a left footed CB but I don’t think it’s crucial if the right player isn’t available.

Pretty much this. Would hope we can shift a couple more out but im not exactly losing sleep over it.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic