oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

17 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I think it’s been a good window regardless if I’m honest. I wouldn’t say no to a left footed CB but I don’t think it’s crucial if the right player isn’t available.

I'm not convinced that it's been a good window yet. Boyd-Munce is seemingly seen more as development than a first teamer so whilst that may pay dividends it isn't improving anything here and now. Connolly seems to be struggling and arguably not as good as Watmore or even Ikpeazu come to that but he may get fit, he may get composure and he may improve and after all that he may score goals, my concern is that it may take him until May if at all!

Balogun looks the real deal and seems to have a bit of spark who can add something different but is it so different to Hernandez and unlike Hernandez he seems to go to ground easily. McGree only broke through into Birmingham's squad this season and whilst he is Championship ready we don't know if he is better than what we have but assuming that he is and the Celtic fans are wrong then to me that makes one genuine squad improvement with the rest just shuffling the pack.

Desperate last ditch performances of late would indicate that the Squad needs a bit of help. Hand on heart I can't look at it now and say yes, these signings are going to make a difference and if I'm being really honest I'm not so sure that as yet we haven't actually diluted the gene pool that Wilder can select from. Getting bodies in early set a good tone but then in the cold light of day you have to look at what we have signed versus what we really need. For me only McGree looks like he might compete with Tav while Balogun can't get a look in while other glaring gaps and hole are still unplugged.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Ryan Giles still not signed back to Cardiff on loan yet, I would be after him on the left. 

3rd for assists this season out of the whole league which is impressive considering Cardiff have been woeful for most of the season. He's rapid as well as being decent at crossing, I know a couple of you guys have mentioned him.

Also saw John Swift is top for assists with 11 and also with 8 goals, I am surprised no one has made a move for him with his contract ending in the summer. 

Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen who were linked with in the Summer is off to Blackburn for £200,000.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm not convinced that it's been a good window yet. Boyd-Munce is seemingly seen more as development than a first teamer so whilst that may pay dividends it isn't improving anything here and now. Connolly seems to be struggling and arguably not as good as Watmore or even Ikpeazu come to that but he may get fit, he may get composure and he may improve and after all that he may score goals, my concern is that it may take him until May if at all!

Balogun looks the real deal and seems to have a bit of spark who can add something different but is it so different to Hernandez and unlike Hernandez he seems to go to ground easily. McGree only broke through into Birmingham's squad this season and whilst he is Championship ready we don't know if he is better than what we have but assuming that he is and the Celtic fans are wrong then to me that makes one genuine squad improvement with the rest just shuffling the pack.

Desperate last ditch performances of late would indicate that the Squad needs a bit of help. Hand on heart I can't look at it now and say yes, these signings are going to make a difference and if I'm being really honest I'm not so sure that as yet we haven't actually diluted the gene pool that Wilder can select from. Getting bodies in early set a good tone but then in the cold light of day you have to look at what we have signed versus what we really need. For me only McGree looks like he might compete with Tav while Balogun can't get a look in while other glaring gaps and hole are still unplugged.

Maybe we've not improved the squad much in terms of quality but we've definitely pivoted to players that fit the game plan better. January window is a hard one to add true quality in as no one is willing to let those players go.

• Like 2

I think we may have to financially induce some outgoings as clubs just don’t have the funds to offer nowadays.

From a friend who works at Charlton, the rumours are the Browne deal failed on financial terms rather than medical or desire.

not sure if it was the Browne- Charlton side of it or the Charlton - Boro But he apparently passed the medical so it got that far.

But rumours not facts so could be a load of .....

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

Ryan Giles still not signed back to Cardiff on loan yet, I would be after him on the left. 

3rd for assists this season out of the whole league which is impressive considering Cardiff have been woeful for most of the season. He's rapid as well as being decent at crossing, I know a couple of you guys have mentioned him.

Also saw John Swift is top for assists with 11 and also with 8 goals, I am surprised no one has made a move for him with his contract ending in the summer. 

Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen who were linked with in the Summer is off to Blackburn for £200,000.

Would think John Swift will have prem interest 

I was keen on us signing Hedges in the summer, have to see how he does for Blackburn 

• Like 1
Just now, Smogzilla said:

That's come up quick. His old man seemed to think he was staying with the u23s this year just a couple of days ago 

Wonder if we got some assurances on playing time or something, because Kavanagh with half a season of regular game time under his belt could be huge.

Wearing number 8 at Harrogate.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wonder if we got some assurances on playing time or something, because Kavanagh with half a season of regular game time under his belt could be huge.

Wearing number 8 at Harrogate.

Fingers crossed. I'm far too invested in seeing this lad make it. Hopefully he can take another step forward.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic