oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-morison-issues-major-update-22909874

"Cardiff City boss Steve Morison has said the club's pursuit of Middlesbrough forward Uche Ikpeazu is off.  The Bluebirds registered their interest in the striker this week, but after Boro insisted they would only be keen to offload him if he was sold, the deal was brought to an abrupt end.  Boro boss Chris Wilder on Friday morning name-checked Cardiff when asked if there had been interest in the player, however Morison clarified that no deal will happen before Monday's deadline.

"Yeah he is a player who did well against us previously," Morison said. "We have looked at loads of options, we need help in the group.  It’s not something we are going to be able to do, because they want a permanent deal and we are not in that market.  It was over very, very quickly.  I couldn’t believe it. I had a quick chat and within 10 minutes it was all in the press!  It was literally a chat which started and ended with nothing happening. So, there's nothing happening!  There's not a lot more to say on it. You’re not going to all of a sudden see him come through the door."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Not a lot of money to go around atm, the players we have will be on decent wages so too much for Div’s 3-4 and for the Championship they would have to be key targets to bid and pay what the players and club want.

So it maybe a case of taking loans with wages fully or partially paid with a commitment at the end.

or we keep them but our squads too big.

So for FFP would it be better to cancel contracts and take the hit or just loan them or play them in u23.

Not an ideal situation but a hit is going to have to be taken somewhere either financial or squad harmony with players training but never playing unless really stretched.

3 minutes ago, Naisby said:

So for FFP would it be better to cancel contracts and take the hit or just loan them or play them in u23.

I'm far from an expert on it, but surely cancelling a contract would be worse than paying it over the course of a few years.

Ikpeazu has a three year contract, if we tried to cancel it then surely we'd have to pay out that entire contract in this year, rather than over 3.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The big hit or 3 little hits, but which would be best for FFP if we had to take it.

3 little hits.

We'd do better selling Ikpeazu in the summer than cancelling his contract.

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

3 little hits.

We'd do better selling Ikpeazu in the summer than cancelling his contract.

We’d be better off just loaning him out and paying half he’s wages. Cancelling he’s contract would be the last option.

I’d like to keep Uche personally as what he offers is something we don’t have really elsewhere. He is in American Football terms part of the special team, someone who can come on and do something in a way that totally shakes up how we normally play.

• Like 2

Next 3 days will be fun. I look forward to the usual contributors adding all the boro related transfer links & tweets on here.

Wilder would ideally like 2 new players in so lets see what the next 72hrs brings.

I've never been so into a player I've barely seen touch a ball before as I am kavanagh. Really hope this is a good move for him, too often in recent years have we sent big prospects out to sit on the bench 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, CambridgeBoro said:

Ryan Giles still not signed back to Cardiff on loan yet. 

They're signing Alfie Doughty instead. 

Whether that's because Giles is going elsewhere or staying at Wolves, who knows?

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic