oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, edinboro said:

It is a strange one. Not in any squads. He must surely be on his way.

Came on a free so I'd imagine he'll be on a healthy wage that other teams might not be happy paying alongside a fee. Does seem odd that not only has he not had a look in, but I can't actually remember Wilder even mentioning him. Looks to be our last choice CB even behind Wood, Bamba and Peltier.

49 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Seems odd that there's > 48 hours left in the window and we don't even know who these targets are (Jack Simpson maybe?)

Feel like it's normally leaked out before now.

My thoughts exactly mate. Literally no concrete links since Friday 14th Jan when we signed McGree

We're normally scrambling for signings at this point though.

We've mostly completed our business early, and are working to move players out.

At best you could say we need a wing-back, but that's a bonus for me.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

My thoughts exactly mate. Literally no concrete links since Friday 14th Jan when we signed McGree

Well at least interest has continued late into the window because we could very well be surprised.

However seemingly the difficulty of shifting players out could be an issue with Boro having to consider retaining more than they wanted to.

3 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

Bit in the echo saying wilder met with Gibson on Friday and Gibson is trying to support him in transfers before deadline.

Wilder wants two in and Browne, ikpeazu and JLS to leave.

Also says if none come in he’s still happy.

My guess is any move from here on is dependent on moving those lads out. But we can't force players to leave with deals they're not happy with just to benefit our incomings.

Seriously, we look like we've done some decent business so far. It doesn't feel like it's very often that a manager would be happy with business that was done in the first 2 weeks of the window. I remember windows when we've been hanging on for dear life and finding out, in disbelief, that with hours left that they've all gone down the pub.

9 minutes ago, Brick_Tamland said:

Jeff Hendrick and John Lundstram were mentioned in the press. Wouldn't surprise me if we're linked with one of them tomorrow. 

Clear we need competition for Howson that doesn't involve pulling Paddy out of defence. Can see Lundstram, but I always thought Hendrick played further forwards and was a bit more attack minded, could be wrong though.

Would be amazed if he wanted to come here after all the pelters he used to get playing for Brighton against us 😂

For some clarification here, for FFP, is it from summer window opting to the next summer window opening you look at the figures or is it the winter ones? 

I only ask as I remember clubs usually have to have their figures in and checked before the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Naisby said:

For some clarification here, for FFP, is it from summer window opting to the next summer window opening you look at the figures or is it the winter ones? 

I only ask as I remember clubs usually have to have their figures in and checked before the end of the season.

FFP is on a clubs annual accounts. (Over three years averaged). Boro accounts year ends in June. 

Who remembers that Deadline Day when it came out that we were trying to sign Jelle Vossen? It didn’t materialise but there was so much excitement at the time. Hope there’s a name out of the blue like that tomorrow! 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic