oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Surely not, we don't need another CF do we?

Just my thoughts , I can’t see CW having only Coburn as his alternative plan ‘B’ striker and Adebayo adds goals , height , pace and strength and at age 24 can improve . 
It would also allow Conelly to play as a no10 

11 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

It’s Hendrick lads, not Hendricks.

Yeah, I was wondering who 'Hendricks' was.
That said, we still have people on here who think Nathan Wood is called Woods, you're fighting a losing battle here.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah, I was wondering who 'Hendricks' was.
That said, we still have people on here who think Nathan Wood is called Woods, you're fighting a losing battle here.

We have fans singing we are the finest team in football but I feel our list of honours don't really back it up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

I haven't a problem splashing a load of cash on Hendricks but I'm sorry I draw the line at Jeff Hendrick. Mind you we have signed a few Lemons over the years so it's probably a good job Crooks has been our tonic this season!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

I still think someone is going to panic buy on of our players, can see it now someone like Watford panicking as everyone is strengthening around them and they come in for Tav or something 

That’s providing they think he can make a difference in the PL. Which I doubt they will. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

I still think someone is going to panic buy on of our players, can see it now someone like Watford panicking as everyone is strengthening around them and they come in for Tav or something 

Uche The Saviour of Watford. Has a certain ring to it 😅 

Jeff Hendrick has proven himself to be a good quality Premier League player over the past few seasons so I’d be delighted if we sign him. He’s not a glamorous name but would be a huge boost to us if we can pull it off.

I have worried for a while about how we’d cope without Howson in holding midfield, so this would settle that concern. To be honest, I’m not all that sure how well Hendrick could play the #6 holding midfield role as he seems far more of a natural #8 box-to-box midfielder. He could therefore step into the #8 box-to-box role and put Crooks into #6 holding midfield role; that should effectively plug the gap if we’re without Howson. Hendrick coming into the side like that would certainly be a marked improvement on our current back up options of Payero or dragging McNair out of LCB.

Our three first choice midfielders pick up a lot of yellow cards, and we’d struggle to replace either of Crooks and Howson if they got injured longterm, so signing Hendrick would help us deal with injuries and suspensions a lot better. Come the crammed Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday run in from February to May, having an experienced and battle hardened Hendrick coming into the team will really help our consistency. 

As Newcastle are panic buying all sorts of players this January, they’re desperately trying to clear squad space so I’m sure Hendrick - considering he’s a good quality Premier League CM - won’t cost a great deal of wages on loan until the end of the season. As we’re local to Newcastle, we can offer some of their unwanted players first team football without them having to uproot - so we have a unique position of strength to sign the likes of Hendrick ahead of our divisional rivals at the other end of the country. These sorts of signings could be an effective way for us to benefit from their new found riches.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 7
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - AKA Deadline Day!
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic