oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Not Boro but Watford are after Semenyo from Bristol City and they've been quoted £20m!!

From the bits I've seen of him this season he looks a decent player but £20m?  Makes you wonder what amount we'd quote for Izzy if some club comes calling in the next couple of hours.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Was asking Uwe the same thing on Saturday where would he be expected to play and is he right or left footed?

He's a left footed winger but I think he can play on either side.  I can't see how he gets into the squad let alone the team.  Hernandez is a better player and we've just shifted him.  He'll have been on a lot more money than Ameobi is of course.  I could be wrong but I'm sure somebody posted on here that Warnock had suggested that he'd be out for longer than this season?  He's only got a two year deal here so I can only assume we'd prefer to pay him monthly rather than end his contract.  I wonder what the chances are of him ever seeing the field for us?

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, I don’t get the rush to go for him now. Can’t see us pushing the price up 

Liverpool are trying to sign the lad from Fulham aren't they, and then loan him straight back?  Happens quite often.  I think people just think that Spence is *** basically and nobody should want him at all.  

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

see Brentford have let Charlie Goode leave on loan...  remember reading somewhere (Brentford forum?) that they might have used him as part of a deal for Djed

He turned us down once. Pass

43 minutes ago, LBP said:

Spence is easily replaced for me because he's not even in our squad

Ryan fredericks can't get a game at West Ham, him on the right and Jones on the left 

Fredericks will be on probably ten times the money Spence is on though.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Liverpool are trying to sign the lad from Fulham aren't they, and then loan him straight back?  Happens quite often.  I think people just think that Spence is *** basically and nobody should want him at all.  

That's because if they agree a deal before his contract runs out at the end of the season they don't have to go to tribunal which could cost them more than they've offered.

4 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

That's because if they agree a deal before his contract runs out at the end of the season they don't have to go to tribunal which could cost them more than they've offered.

I know but it happens a lot doesn't it?  I think Premier League clubs view these signings as a player for the future as much as the present so him not being available to them for six months is meaningless really.  The figures involved make it seem like a bigger signing for them than it really is.  They are buying potential I think.  It's no different to some of the young lads we've signed and then loaned out, well except the money involved, but that is relative to the financial positions of Premier League clubs versus Championship.

57 minutes ago, LBP said:

Spence is easily replaced for me because he's not even in our squad

Ryan fredericks can't get a game at West Ham, him on the right and Jones on the left 

The amount of Boro fans that want to switch our most effective players position actually boggles my mind and makes me think you don't actually watch the games.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, mendieta420 said:

The amount of Boro fans that want to switch our most effective players position actually boggles my mind and makes me think you don't actually watch the games.

He was effective on the left as well wasn't he?  Half of his assists have come from playing on the left, but he's played far more on the right than the left.  Mind you, it was only a couple of months ago that he wasn't even that good so he's done well to become our best player who can't be moved to any other position in such a short space of time.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic