oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

2 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Just seen Bournemouth's incomings. Too simplistic to say that's them up?

They are gambling on promotion and are feeling the heat. If they aren't promoted they'll be in FFP trouble, 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We should just sell Chapman, he's never going to make the step up to the first team. Poor attitude, it's a shame because the lad clearly has talent

Denzel Zanzibar c2019

Just now, DurhamRed said:

They are gambling on promotion and are feeling the heat. If they aren't promoted they'll be in FFP trouble, 

with their wage bill they have too.

otherwise major sales in the summer

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why though?  It's obviously not cos he's been such a roaring success so far.  Wilder didn't sign him, Wilder wasn't even here when we did, so what would be the reason he'd have for wanting him around, if, and I know it's only an if, he simply doesn't rate him?  We just keep him around for the sake of it?  I don't see that as being likely.  We've invested a decent amount of money in him, which is certainly one reason we'd be inclined to keep him of course.  If it's true that we were willing to loan him out this January, I really don't see how that reflects well on his situation here.  Meanwhile we sign, and continue to be linked with, more central midfielders.

Gut feeling based on a few things. Whilst all of us expected him to come straight in, I think realistically the club didn't expect a huge amount from him this year. That has been back up by the Gazette guys, depending on how highly you hold their information. We paid a large fee like you said and from what I've heard people at the club like him. I also don't believe that we were looking to send him on loan, just as I'm almost certain the wage he was quoted as being on on here isn't true.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I know forum users tend to be older and the years blur,  but 1995 is not recent years.

Which is what I said.

The January transfer window wasn’t around in 1995 😉

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm pretty sure that all signings are for the future mate.  It often doesn't work out that way though, does it?

Payero has been class for us, can’t see any reason why he ain’t be here next year. Not a disappointment 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic