oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

just guessing here but maybe JLS was more concerened about not getting injured before the AFCON in his home nation, than he was from getting game time.

When he gets back, he will need to ensure he gets game time to secure a place in the world cup squad

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

just guessing here but maybe JLS was more concerened about not getting injured before the AFCON in his home nation, than he was from getting game time.

When he gets back, he will need to ensure he gets game time to secure a place in the world cup squad

I think he just isn’t very good 😂

JLS arrived overweight and had a poor attitude towards his health and fitness in general which is why Warnock barely played him.

He threw his toys out of the pram and Wilder isn't happy with his attitude either. Never say never but I think he's pretty much finished and we'll try to move him on.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

JLS arrived overweight and had a poor attitude towards his health and fitness in general which is why Warnock barely played him.

He threw his toys out of the pram and Wilder isn't happy with his attitude either. Never say never but I think he's pretty much finished and we'll try to move him on.

Blimey, another one with a poor attitude.  How do we keep signing them? 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Possibly but don’t be surprised if Watmore is gone in the summer.

That would mean that the only striker at the club is Coburn in all likelihood.  Although there's always the possibility of Akpom's return of course.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Just like the Oneboro forum attracts reprobates and trouble makers, it's an endemic issue to everything Boro related it seems. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's what happens when Clubs don't delve deeper into Player's background, psyche and off field shenanigans. They might have talent and ability but the baggage they carry around weighs them down.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's literally said in his press conferences over and over that his decision with JLS wasn't personal and that he had no issue with his attitude.

6 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He's literally said in his press conferences over and over that his decision with JLS wasn't personal and that he had no issue with his attitude.

To be fair wilder is hardly going to say he has a poor attitude. We could be stuck with him and want to offload him. The reports said the option to buy was almost and obligation to buy. Who knows what the terms are

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

To be fair wilder is hardly going to say he has a poor attitude. We could be stuck with him and want to offload him. The reports said the option to buy was almost and obligation to buy. Who knows what the terms are

Why wouldn't he? He came out and slammed the whole team for their attitude after Blackburn. He's been incredibly upfront with everything so far and in fact his last press conference was focused on how he would not spin things and would always be honest with his opinions to the fans.

I think if there was a significant issue with JLS Wilder would have, at least, hinted at it. The reality is he just isn't as good we hoped he was, isn't as fit as he should be, and hasn't worked out as a signing.

Just now, Youngy228 said:

Ciaran Clark, Jamal Lewis and Isaac Hayden left out of Geordies squad.

Hayden is injured 

Clark turned us down - says a lot about him

Lewis - he's the one nufc player Id have taken in the window

Crazy for a player to decide to sit on their ass for the rest of the season. 

Maybe they'll get lucky and go out on loan to a country where the window is still open 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Crazy for a player to decide to sit on their ass for the rest of the season. 

Maybe they'll get lucky and go out on loan to a country where the window is still open 

Especially as with it being a loan his wages would have been guaranteed.  We are close enough that he wouldn't have to move.  Personally very pleased we didn't get him if that's his character.

• Like 2