oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Heheheheh, kerching.

This is FANTASTIC news!!!! 

Again Im very new to how transfer prices are determined but from what you folks tell me about contract lengths are quite important, have now 2 years left come the summer has this increased his price by 4-5m?

Maybe that valuation of 15m by Boro isn't as far out to lunch esp if the continues to play like he has. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

This is FANTASTIC news!!!! 

Again Im very new to how transfer prices are determined but from what you folks tell me about contract lengths are quite important, have now 2 years left come the summer has this increased his price by 4-5m?

Maybe that valuation of 15m by Boro isn't as far out to lunch esp if the continues to play like he has. 

Contract length important as it really determines which party is going to benefit financially from any sale.

The longer time remaining on the contract means if the player and the buying club want a deal, then it’s up to them to make it sweeter for the selling club to accept. Only a contractual preset selling fee can beat a selling clubs intransigence on price. An unhappy player in your squad isn’t good but if a deal is possible the financial hit to get it over the line comes from the player and buyer.

The reverse is true for a player with not long left on their contract, the value a buying club will put on a player goes down the nearer the end of the contract the player is. It’s the argument sell him for X now or get X- or nothing in the future. 

Basically the magic figure is trying to keep your players with 18-24 months on their contract. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Naisby said:

Contract length important as it really determines which party is going to benefit financially from any sale.

The longer time remaining on the contract means if the player and the buying club want a deal, then it’s up to them to make it sweeter for the selling club to accept. Only a contractual preset selling fee can beat a selling clubs intransigence on price. An unhappy player in your squad isn’t good but if a deal is possible the financial hit to get it over the line comes from the player and buyer.

The reverse is true for a player with not long left on their contract, the value a buying club will put on a player goes down the nearer the end of the contract the player is. It’s the argument sell him for X now or get X- or nothing in the future. 

Basically the magic figure is trying to keep your players with 18-24 months on their contract. 

Contract length is a major factor, but another one is the players wishes and whether he is agitating for a move. I’m pretty sure Spence will - even if we got promotion the lure of the capital and the “big” clubs will probably sway him. That does tend to influence the fee as you either accept a player is leaving or keep an unhappy player who doesn’t want to play for you. Hopefully there will be a few clubs wanting him which will push fee back up.

28 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I know it's not January, but for lack of a summer thread...

I’ve just briefly looked into them. Savin is a 20 year old goalkeeper. Ross Sykes is a 22 year old right-footed centre back. Both are under contract until the end of the 2023 season so Accrington will be under pressure to sell them this summer. They’re mid-table in League One with no realistic chance of promotion.

38 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Ross Sykes is excellent according to data/ratings guessing most of the championship will be looking at him

Yeah he looks like he'll be a very good addition for us. Same with Savin to be fair, but would expect Savin to be more of a long term view.

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah he looks like he'll be a very good addition for us. Same with Savin to be fair, but would expect Savin to be more of a long term view.

We’re supposed to have three outstanding young keepers as it is, aren’t we? If this is true, it doesn’t suggest a lot of faith that one or two of them are going to make it right to the top

• Like 2
6 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

We’re supposed to have three outstanding young keepers as it is, aren’t we? If this is true, it doesn’t suggest a lot of faith that one or two of them are going to make it right to the top

It may just be that we view them as commercial investments to be loaned back out and see their value increase only to be later sold for a profit with zero intention of them ever breaking through at the Riverside. Chelsea and others do it, why not Boro?

They will cost us next to nothing so worst case is they become the next Lewis Wing or are actually very good and become Boro stalwarts over time.

There again the source is hardly someone who Boro fans hold in high esteem so it may all be sheer nonsense.

18 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Like @Redcar Riojahas said it could be a move with economic reasons in mind, Wilder has mentioned about having and bringing in "assets" to the club.

It's also not unreasonable to think that potentially, we could see all our senior keepers depart in the summer (Lumley, Daniels and Stojanovic). Maybe with Savin and Brynn we see them as battling it out for the No.2 spot, with a "senior" No.1 coming in. 

Or more cynically, after seeing Brynn up close for the last couple months, Wilder has decided he isn't (yet) upto speed.

After all that it could also be that Nixon is just talking guff again.

• Like 2