oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I don’t go for stats or any of that stuff (that’s CT’s department) I work solely off the eye test and I’m telling you that if we remove Tav from our team we will be a lot worse off for it. The guy is everywhere on the pitch. A proper player for me.

I agree he works hard off the ball and people don’t tend to appreciate that. But somebody incoming to replace him then that’s the very least you would expect from a Wilder signing?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

You can’t knock his work rate and intensity. But on the ball he has been poor imo which is strange because he has decent technique. He is still young and people say he will get better, but he’s been in the team for 3 seasons now and I haven’t seen much improvement.  Surely we can replace him with a better ball player. You’d like to think you can train any player to play with a high intensity, isn’t that what bielsa did at Leeds. 
Personally I am in 2 minds with him, maybe if he does leave we will realise  how important he was. 

• Like 2

If Tav is going to be sold Newcastle there needs to be both a Saudi premium and a local rival premium added to the asking price.

I'm not against selling Tav, he is frustrating because he is close to being a really good player but if we sell him and it funds 2/3 new players then fair enough. 

We can't be selling Tavernier to two of our biggest rivals for cheap has to be 15 + million atleast we paid 6 million for payero Tavernier is way ahead of him at the same age of development. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Payero said:

Are you on about the warnock thing after I said he'd been told he's going after Blackpool? 

You did repeatedly claim he was gone, had been sacked, would resign, etc in September/October.

• Like 2

In fairness to Payero, what he actually said was that the decision for him to move on had been made but he wouldn't go until we'd found his replacement.  From Warnock's own comments that would appear to have been true.

If we even dared to sell for £5-6m, it would be absolutely dreadful business.

We sold Adam Reach for £5m to a Championship club.

Newcastle are the richest club in the world, we should take them for absolutely everything we can.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We can't be selling Tavernier to two of our biggest rivals for cheap has to be 15 + million atleast we paid 6 million for payero Tavernier is way ahead of him at the same age of development. 

Haven’t seen enough of payero to make that comment really. From what I’ve seen payero is technically better than tav. Tav has 26 apps. Probably played full90 in all of them. Payero has 10. Only started in 3/4 if I’m remembering rightly. Both on 1goal 1 assist, and payero created plenty of chances were we should of scored from. All in a warnock side. Would love to see how he does under wilder.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

15+ million? 😮 are you on drugs? He’s not even the best player in his family.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

15+ million? 😮 are you on drugs? He’s not even the best player in his family.

He plays at the highest level in his family 

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If we even dared to sell for £5-6m, it would be absolutely dreadful business.

We sold Adam Reach for £5m to a Championship club.

Newcastle are the richest club in the world, we should take them for absolutely everything we can.

I'd be asking for £10m as a bare minimum for any player they want from our side. You can't go round telling everyone you're the richest club in the world and expect to buy at the same price as everyone else. They can afford to spend more so rinse them for all they're worth.

• Like 1
Just now, mendieta420 said:

Tav is literally the perfect player for the way we're playing. High energy and workrate.

I doubt he's for sale.

Like a few have said tho? Shouldn’t that be expected from any player. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic