oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

5 minutes ago, Will said:

This, this, 1000000x this.

It's also the importance of him to US. It's also about using our academy to help run our team and improve when those players do move on.

That's just silly.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I think it is always difficult to assess a players value since it always has to be a perceived value, in other words what is it worth to the club. For a player that is a regularly on the field do they have an equivalent alternative at the club, if not what would it cost to replace him if they could,.....? None of the values stated by members of this forum are right or wrong they are all based upon emotional perceptions of his value to the club.

1 minute ago, Payero said:

Of course it's about how good he is? 

I tell you what because he's young and English why don't we offer them Ste walker for £15m

Now you’re just silly. English talent is always more expensive and always has been even if you can find the same talent cheaper elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Payero said:

Of course it's about how good he is? 

I tell you what because he's young and English why don't we offer them Ste walker for £15m

Sorry but if this is your genuine view I’m not sure you know much about football. 

Is Grealish worth 100m? No. Is he worth that to Villa? Yes. That’s how football transfers work. We are not in a position where we need to sell, it’s up to other clubs to pay us a good price for our asset. 

Just now, Borodane said:

Now you’re just silly. English talent is always more expensive and always has been even if you can find the same talent cheaper elsewhere.

You may not like it, but young English talent is always more expensive. 

Just now, CrazyL said:

Sporar is young, a nailed on starter, full international and our current top scorer. How much should we pay for him? 

He’s 28 in February. He’s not particularly young

Also sales in the past determine values, for example Adam Webster was sold for £20m. If you think Dael Fry is better than Webster, surely you have the right to demand more than £20m, if the buying club doesn’t agree a deal doesn’t happen 

• Like 2
Just now, CrazyL said:

Sporar is young, a nailed on starter, full international and our current top scorer. How much should we pay for him? 

He's 28 in a couple of months.  Are we comparing him to the age of the Earth when we say he's young?

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic