oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Strange thing is that Newcastle and Leeds don't really need midfielders. They both need defenders, so if it is not Fry, then it is either Dijksteel, Paddy or Jones that they are looking at, but don't think any of them are Prem standard (yet)..  be interesting to see what fees we would be willing to accept for anybody in the squad as there are no real standouts that have been very consistent for extended periods. Lots of potential and the arrival of proper coaches should help, but although I wouldn't be surprised to see some unexpected moves, I have a feeling that some rumours are just that. If we don't need to sell, no point in doing it unless it really improves us  

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Where has the Tav rumour come from? 

The Newcastle rumour is strange I couldn't see him getting in their team now and that's before they start spending a fortune. I've heard them being linked with players like Aaron Ramsey and Deli Ali, I expect them looking at a players of a much higher standard than Tav. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Where has the Tav rumour come from? 

The Newcastle rumour is strange I couldn't see him getting in their team now and that's before they start spending a fortune. I've heard them being linked with players like Aaron Ramsey and Deli Ali, I expect them looking at a players of a much higher standard than Tav. 

Depends which league they're going to be in when they try to buy him...

• Like 1

Selling Tav at this point would be criminal.

We are looking good. Tav is vital to how we set up and there is far more to come from him.

This team can take us up, let's add to it if we can instead of dismantling it.

And.... if we did go up. I actually think we have players who can step up to the Prem. I wouldn't want us to undergo mass changes now or (if) then.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Selling Tav at this point would be criminal.

We are looking good. Tav is vital to how we set up and there is far more to come from him.

This team can take us up, let's add to it if we can instead of dismantling it.

And.... if we did go up. I actually think we have players who can step up to the Prem. I wouldn't want us to undergo mass changes now or (if) then.

👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Depends which league they're going to be in when they try to buy him...

I'm not sure it makes much difference, if they go down I still think they'll be looking at a better calibre of player next season in the championship. 

I'm not saying he's a bad player but if you have the money to spend which Newcastle will have I think they'll be looking at a better quality of player. 

1 hour ago, bmt said:

Take anything north of 10 million for tav and reinvest in a left wing back and a replacement centre defensive midfield cover for Howson. 👍🏻

Would you trust our recruitment team to reinvest the money?

I am still suspicious we would sell and not bring people in. 

And that’s before looking at the quality we would bring in.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I think the same thing applies that none of them are irreplaceable.  We're a Championship club, there are plenty of better players out there than we currently have.  If you're speaking specifically about Tavernier v Payero, I'd say that Payero doesn't seem to have the same work rate, and I haven't seen him really influence a game yet.  I'd say Tav does more good things per game than Payero has done so far.  I don't really know where Payero fits in with how we play at the moment, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't here next season.

Sorry,  again I’m meaning more from how we would use them tactically. For example, Dijksteele and McNair I’d say are irreplaceable atm due to their role in the team as ball carrying centre backs. For our level, I think that’s as good as you’d get. 

Im asking if you think that there are better options than Tav for his role in the team, or would he be easy to replace as opposed to McNair or Dijksteele who would be harder to replace.. if that makes Sense 

Not directly boro related but I think they will be a play off rival. Forest set to sign Steve Cook from Bournemouth to go alongside loan signing of Kienan Davis of Villa and loan extension of Djed Spence.

They got strong strength in depth.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Not directly boro related but I think they will be a play off rival. Forest set to sign Steve Cook from Bournemouth to go alongside loan signing of Kienan Davis of Villa and loan extension of Djed Spence.

They got strong strength in depth.

I still think they will finish behind us in the table @TLF10

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Sorry,  again I’m meaning more from how we would use them tactically. For example, Dijksteele and McNair I’d say are irreplaceable atm due to their role in the team as ball carrying centre backs. For our level, I think that’s as good as you’d get. 

Im asking if you think that there are better options than Tav for his role in the team, or would he be easy to replace as opposed to McNair or Dijksteele who would be harder to replace.. if that makes Sense 

Not in our current squad, no.  I think he's a nailed on starter, he's just suffered from a poor stretch of form.

I wouldn't have Dijksteel as difficult to replace either, or rather, no more difficult than anyone else.  McNair you could say is trickier because he can play a bit more than the rest of the defenders, he can play in a few positions, and he can take a decent set piece.  He's also the only one out of the current lot who can play comfortably on the left hand side of the three.

38 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm not sure it makes much difference, if they go down I still think they'll be looking at a better calibre of player next season in the championship. 

I'm not saying he's a bad player but if you have the money to spend which Newcastle will have I think they'll be looking at a better quality of player. 

The Geordies will be linked with every bugger going 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not in our current squad, no.  I think he's a nailed on starter, he's just suffered from a poor stretch of form.

I wouldn't have Dijksteel as difficult to replace either, or rather, no more difficult than anyone else.  McNair you could say is trickier because he can play a bit more than the rest of the defenders, he can play in a few positions, and he can take a decent set piece.  He's also the only one out of the current lot who can play comfortably on the left hand side of the three.

If we are playing 3 at the back, I'm not sure there's anyone else I'd rather have in the Championship than Djiksteel, Fry and McNair. These appear made for how Wilder wants to play and are all relatively young. I'd take them to the Prem.

• Like 3
Just now, TheJew said:

If we are playing 3 at the back, I'm not sure there's anyone else I'd rather have in the Championship than Djiksteel, Fry and McNair. These appear made for how Wilder wants to play and are all relatively young. I'd take them to the Prem.

It's a decent unit but none are irreplaceable.  McNair is the most difficult but if we end up signing a decent left sided central defender then McNair could easily move to the right hand side, and Dijksteel would be the odd one out I think.  It's a good unit at this level though 👍

26 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I still think they will finish behind us in the table @TLF10

I agree @Blanco.  But then again i am confident 23 teams are going to finish behind us. That one was just for you mate haha. #UTFB

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic