oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

48 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm not sure it makes much difference, if they go down I still think they'll be looking at a better calibre of player next season in the championship. 

I'm not saying he's a bad player but if you have the money to spend which Newcastle will have I think they'll be looking at a better quality of player. 

I'm sure they'll be tenuously linked with all kinds of big talents and will be able to buy 1 or 2 players no other club at this level would have a chance of buying. But there's a reason all the reputable players they're after this month probably won't stick around longer than 6 months if they do get relegated.

IMO, they'll find their fantasy Championship team filled with good Prem players is very much just a fantasy and they'll have to work with a lower calibre of player than they'd like. Not low enough that they'll struggle to go up by any means but then as Norwich have showed us in their last two seasons at this level, you don't need a team full of good Prem players to comfortably get promoted.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I agree @Blanco.  But then again i am confident 23 teams are going to finish behind us. That one was just for you mate haha. #UTFB

Love it my friend 👏👏👏

33 minutes ago, boro1981 said:

Can’t believe how much reaction this Tav rumour has developed off one man’s rumour, in which he guessed it was Tav. 

To be fair, it's not too much of people discussing the legitimacy of the rumour, more the valuation of Tav as a player in general were anyone to come in for him. It's like when Burnley get an inevitable link with Dael Fry again and everyone discusses whether he's worth anything from a packet of crisps to the same as Virgil Van Dijk.

6 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Not directly boro related but I think they will be a play off rival. Forest set to sign Steve Cook from Bournemouth to go alongside loan signing of Kienan Davis of Villa and loan extension of Djed Spence.

They got strong strength in depth.

To be fair we’ve already played Forest twice this season so hopefully they can just do us a favour and take some points off those around us.

I wouldn’t be too worried about coming up against them in the playoffs, especially if they’re without Djed. It sounds like he’s been a crucial player in Steve Cooper’s system and they don’t have anyone who can really fill the same role in terms of getting up the pitch and supporting the attack.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, boro1981 said:

Can’t believe how much reaction this Tav rumour has developed off one man’s rumour, in which he guessed it was Tav. 

Tav and his agent have spoken to Leeds, though it was when Warnock was still here. Things might have changed under Wilder.

IF Tav isn't going to sign a new contract (and I don't know either way) we have to sell to find a replacement and squad improvement. If he's willing to sign what's the rush, given the rest of this season and a full preseason I'm sure we'll see improvements in almost all the squad. Plus we will have enough replacements to buy in the summer once Pelts etc are off the books.

59 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

IF Tav isn't going to sign a new contract (and I don't know either way) we have to sell to find a replacement and squad improvement. If he's willing to sign what's the rush, given the rest of this season and a full preseason I'm sure we'll see improvements in almost all the squad. Plus we will have enough replacements to buy in the summer once Pelts etc are off the books.

Indeed as the Boro could be quite an exciting proposition for players looking into next season, the place to be!

Just had a look at the players in the Danish league that are out of contract in the summer and thus available now. 

Goalkeeper: Jacob Rinne at Aab, 28 years old, Swedish. Just voted as best keeper for 2021 by his peers. Just alround excellent and given his status and his skint club he would cost somewhere between 500k-1 mil. Doesn't really have many weaknesses and although it's difficult to compare keepers across leagues I'd say he is easily much better than what we have. Very surprised he's still in Denmark considering he's always been one of the best here

Midfielder: Magnus Kofoed Andersen at FC Nordsjælland, 22 years old, Danish. Bags of skill and has already racked up 150 league appearances and is club captain. Regular for the Danish under 21 too. Nordsjælland usually sell their jewels at a high price but for some odd reason Magnus is still there but maybe that's because Nordsjælland are usually known for their attackers. Magnus is excellent on the ball and has a great engine. If it wasn't for his contract he'd probably cost around 5 mil., but may now be available for as little as 1. Would be a very astute buy but maybe a tad unrealistic for a Championship team. He want's to move abroad though. Would fit in excellent in a Wilder 3 man midfield. Doesn't score or assist much so is more of a Howson type midfielder.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We're never signing any more Danish players, seriously get over it.

Viktor Fischer, Martin Braithwaite and Mikkel Beck was enough (what happened to his charity game, anyway?)

Rinne isn't Danish. If you're baseing you opinions on previous failures why do we keep employing British managers? They're hopeless 😉 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

The Sun say five Championship clubs are after Neil Taylor. I thought he had signed a deal with us until the end of the season?

It was expected to be a formality that he would sign.  I thought it was interesting he was on bench last game.  Maybe he didn't want to risk an injury.  At his stage in his career he is surely going to keep his options open to club with longest deal 

Honestly, if Taylor wants to leave, so be it. If he wants to stay then I'll be happy enough to have him here for now too. I'm not particularly fussed either way, I'm sure we'll find someone if he does leave. He's been decent for us but shouldn't be too hard to replace.

I still think he'll sign a new deal, he sounded quite happy to be here in his club interview. But perhaps it depends on whether we're offering 6 months or 18 and whether another club will give him a longer deal.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic