oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Honestly, if Taylor wants to leave, so be it. If he wants to stay then I'll be happy enough to have him here for now too. I'm not particularly fussed either way, I'm sure we'll find someone if he does leave. He's been decent for us but shouldn't be too hard to replace.

I still think he'll sign a new deal, he sounded quite happy to be here in his club interview. But perhaps it depends on whether we're offering 6 months or 18 and whether another club will give him a longer deal.

he turns 33 in a month, so he is likely after the longest contract he can get, and that's fullt understandable. He's just had a period without a club and surely he would not like to stand in that situation in the summer again. Like you I don't think he will be hard to replace. In an ideal world we would find someone better than Bola to battle for the shirt on a longer contract to improve the team. I'd be happy with Taylor until the end of the season, but I don't think he's a player we need for longer than that.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

The more I read OneBoro the more it starting to mirror the Daily Mail with headlines of could, would, should, possibly, heard, rumoured, alleged, maybe, thought and the like. I just spent a good 15 mins trawling to see why Tav is back in the cross hairs of posters and nothing I can find suggests there is even a hint of a move, but there again Tav does seem to have been branded the pantomime villain.
Personaly I don’t believe Chris will change many players unless they prove a much better alternative to those already here, at least not until the end of the season anyway and there is not many out there up for sale better then Tav anyway. 

13 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The more I read OneBoro the more it starting to mirror the Daily Mail with headlines of could, would, should, possibly, heard, rumoured, alleged, maybe, thought and the like. I just spent a good 15 mins trawling to see why Tav is back in the cross hairs of posters and nothing I can find suggests there is even a hint of a move, but there again Tav does seem to have been branded the pantomime villain.
Personaly I don’t believe Chris will change many players unless they prove a much better alternative to those already here, at least not until the end of the season anyway and there is not many out there up for sale better then Tav anyway. 

I mean, all people were discussing was Tavs value to the team and how much people would be willing to let him leave for if it did happen. 

I wouldn’t say he’s a pantomime villain either, I like him as a person, but I just don’t think he adds that much to our team and is worth 10m +. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Just had a look at the players in the Danish league that are out of contract in the summer and thus available now. 

Goalkeeper: Jacob Rinne at Aab, 28 years old, Swedish. Just voted as best keeper for 2021 by his peers. Just alround excellent and given his status and his skint club he would cost somewhere between 500k-1 mil. Doesn't really have many weaknesses and although it's difficult to compare keepers across leagues I'd say he is easily much better than what we have. Very surprised he's still in Denmark considering he's always been one of the best here

Midfielder: Magnus Kofoed Andersen at FC Nordsjælland, 22 years old, Danish. Bags of skill and has already racked up 150 league appearances and is club captain. Regular for the Danish under 21 too. Nordsjælland usually sell their jewels at a high price but for some odd reason Magnus is still there but maybe that's because Nordsjælland are usually known for their attackers. Magnus is excellent on the ball and has a great engine. If it wasn't for his contract he'd probably cost around 5 mil., but may now be available for as little as 1. Would be a very astute buy but maybe a tad unrealistic for a Championship team. He want's to move abroad though. Would fit in excellent in a Wilder 3 man midfield. Doesn't score or assist much so is more of a Howson type midfielder.

Genuine question - does anyone know how far MFC's scouting tentacles extend these days? Is it possible we're already surveilling these clubs and these players, or would an MFC scout reading this thread be baffled by the mention of Nordsjælland?

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Genuine question - does anyone know how far MFC's scouting tentacles extend these days? Is it possible we're already surveilling these clubs and these players, or would an MFC scout reading this thread be baffled by the mention of Nordsjælland?

We seemed to be all over in the last window Jean-Luc Dompe was linked from the Belgium league and I think another European winger. Plus the South American lads and Sporar.

So it wouldn’t surprise me if we also scouted Scandinavia. We seem to have gone wide in our search.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We seemed to be all over in the last window Jean-Luc Dompe was linked from the Belgium league and I think another European winger. Plus the South American lads and Sporar.

So it wouldn’t surprise me if we also scouted Scandinavia. We seem to have gone wide in our search.

Dompe would be class on the other side of Jones

• Like 1

Wouldn't blame Taylor for leaving elsewhere on a better deal.

It's the risk you take offering a short term deal that runs out mid-season.

But if he does leave then we have to find a replacement sharpish.

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I mean, all people were discussing was Tavs value to the team and how much people would be willing to let him leave for if it did happen. 

I wouldn’t say he’s a pantomime villain either, I like him as a person, but I just don’t think he adds that much to our team and is worth 10m +. 

The midfield three of Tav, Crooks and Howson have been superb recently and if he wasn't adding anything to the team I doubt he would have played all the games under Wilder.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I mean, all people were discussing was Tavs value to the team and how much people would be willing to let him leave for if it did happen

image.gif.6d94a9ca18a004b76775826c74dfd586.gif

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think BoroDane is our unofficial, official Danish scout. 😉 For some reason he seems desperate to see their best talent playing for Boro.

I dunno about Wilder, but I imagine Scott has a lot of contacts, or knows a lot of people who know people, from his time at Norwich.

I'd be surprised if Boro have an extensive scouting network, but I'm sure we must have a few scouring Europe in general.

And yes, they'd probably have to look up Nordsjælland on Google maps. 😁

• Like 1

I’m just wondering if the new rules regarding work permits for EU players will stop clubs taking a punt on players from EU leagues outside of the big 5 in the championship. 

Are they as strict as the ones are for the rest of the world? Because as has been highlighted earlier in the thread there are players out there at a cost and level of experience that on paper would be worth a punt but wouldn’t qualify as they are not regular internationals.

IIRC there were temporary rules when Brexit fully occurred are we now working to new rules because if so the premium for good UK non work permit players will be even higher with the need for squads to include a specific number.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I think BoroDane is our unofficial, official Danish scout. 😉 For some reason he seems desperate to see their best talent playing for Boro.

I dunno about Wilder, but I imagine Scott has a lot of contacts, or knows a lot of people who know people, from his time at Norwich.

I'd be surprised if Boro have an extensive scouting network, but I'm sure we must have a few scouring Europe in general.

And yes, they'd probably have to look up Nordsjælland on Google maps. 😁

I wonder if that’s part of the new work permit requirements for clubs, you have to know and be able to pronounce these clubs names, players names and the regions accurately with no hesitation or hint of an accent before you can get a permit and league officials do random calls to CEO’s to check. 😆

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Borodane said:

Just had a look at the players in the Danish league that are out of contract in the summer and thus available now. 

Goalkeeper: Jacob Rinne at Aab, 28 years old, Swedish. Just voted as best keeper for 2021 by his peers. Just alround excellent and given his status and his skint club he would cost somewhere between 500k-1 mil. Doesn't really have many weaknesses and although it's difficult to compare keepers across leagues I'd say he is easily much better than what we have. Very surprised he's still in Denmark considering he's always been one of the best here

Midfielder: Magnus Kofoed Andersen at FC Nordsjælland, 22 years old, Danish. Bags of skill and has already racked up 150 league appearances and is club captain. Regular for the Danish under 21 too. Nordsjælland usually sell their jewels at a high price but for some odd reason Magnus is still there but maybe that's because Nordsjælland are usually known for their attackers. Magnus is excellent on the ball and has a great engine. If it wasn't for his contract he'd probably cost around 5 mil., but may now be available for as little as 1. Would be a very astute buy but maybe a tad unrealistic for a Championship team. He want's to move abroad though. Would fit in excellent in a Wilder 3 man midfield. Doesn't score or assist much so is more of a Howson type midfielder.

I think we would struggle to get work permits for both of these players. Unfortunately the UK work permit criteria has the Danish League in the lowest band of domestic competition.

• Sad 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic