oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Genuine question - does anyone know how far MFC's scouting tentacles extend these days? Is it possible we're already surveilling these clubs and these players, or would an MFC scout reading this thread be baffled by the mention of Nordsjælland?

I think any scout worth their salt knows about Nordsjælland. They turn out a big talent almost every year who they sell to bigger clubs around Europe. In recent years:

Kamaldeen Sulemana to Rennais 15 mil euro

Mohammed Kudus to Ajax 9 mil euro

Mikkel Damsgaard to Sampdoria 6,75 mil euros

Andreas Skov Olsen to Bologna 6 mil euros

Mathias Jensen til Celta Vigo 5 mil euros

Stanislav Lobotka til Celta Vigo 5 mil euros

They already have clubs queuing up for the next big thing: 17 year old Andreas Schjellrup from Norway. Their first team average age is about 21 years. Magnus Kofoed who I mentioned is another one off that list but for some odd reason his contract is running out, and I suspect his club has priced him out before and now he wants to move on like the rest of his former teammates. Another talent that is seemingly on his way out is 18 year old midfielder Tochi Chukwuani. His contract is running out and thus haven't played this season but already has 36 first team games before he even turned 18 years. has also been involved with all Danish youth teams. Their fans are absolutely gutted that both look on their way without getting much in return.

Anyway I was bored on the first work day of the year. And tired. So tired.

• Like 4
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Will said:

I think we would struggle to get work permits for both of these players. Unfortunately the UK work permit criteria has the Danish League in the lowest band of domestic competition.

Yeah I think you are right about that. I also don't think the Championship is their preffered stepping stone. The talented players from the danish league tend to move to Belgium, Holland, Germany or Italy these days.

6 minutes ago, Will said:

I think we would struggle to get work permits for both of these players. Unfortunately the UK work permit criteria has the Danish League in the lowest band of domestic competition.

My knowledge of how good or bad national leagues are viewed and classed is very poor. Comparing leagues is an inaccurate science though as the Scandinavian leagues and Belgium and Holland produce great players within them yet we don’t seem to count this when viewing the league as a whole or issuing permits.

Hopefully as Brexit has meant automatic working rights have ended this will be updated and the standing of the league isn’t based on how many big and successful team it’s top league has but on the quality of the player, the playing experience of the player and to some extent the buying clubs perceived size here too, because a league 1 or championship club can not be expected to be able to get proven international players without the incredible financial inducements which leave the clubs frankly b#gg##ed. Yet these clubs are at the very perceived level that those leagues are viewed as being.

1 hour ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

The midfield three of Tav, Crooks and Howson have been superb recently and if he wasn't adding anything to the team I doubt he would have played all the games under Wilder.

For our 3 CM spots, we have Howson, Crooks and Tav.

I’d argue that Tav is better in our midfield than what we currently have out of Siliki, Malley, Sikes and probably Payero as well for that 3rd spot. However, I’d feel his game time is more to do with us having a lack of central options after Howson and Crooks. Payero has been out injured and is still adapting to the league, so it makes sense to play Tav there. I just feel when he plays he doesn’t add anything that a new face wouldn’t be able to do. 

But please suggest what he does bring apart from energy and being a boro lad, cos I struggle to see it. Is his vision that good for example? And again, not looking for an argument, just looking for a different perspective. 

I’m hearing Riley mcgree coming to boro! I was advocating for him to come before he left australia to sign for charlotte/brum....

energetic player, loads of running. Has played in just about every position for Birmingham bar cb and gk in the last 12 months, finally got his foot in the door and his loan is up. Charlotte will want a profit, I seem to remember Adelaide selling him for around 1 million Aussie bucks. Bout 400-500k in Brit pounds. 

6 minutes ago, Naisby said:

My knowledge of how good or bad national leagues are viewed and classed is very poor. Comparing leagues is an inaccurate science though as the Scandinavian leagues and Belgium and Holland produce great players within them yet we don’t seem to count this when viewing the league as a whole or issuing permits.

Hopefully as Brexit has meant automatic working rights have ended this will be updated and the standing of the league isn’t based on how many big and successful team it’s top league has but on the quality of the player, the playing experience of the player and to some extent the buying clubs perceived size here too, because a league 1 or championship club can not be expected to be able to get proven international players without the incredible financial inducements which leave the clubs frankly b#gg##ed. Yet these clubs are at the very perceived level that those leagues are viewed as being.

WP rules were updated for Brexit purposes and it's based on the category of the league. Better the league the player comes from, the more points the player gets to his WP. Scandinavian & small European leagues don't do so well but South America rocketed up the rankings so it's actually marginally easier to buy from South America now than it was pre Brexit.

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

WP rules were updated for Brexit purposes and it's based on the category of the league. Better the league the player comes from, the more points the player gets to his WP. Scandinavian & small European leagues don't do so well but South America rocketed up the rankings so it's actually marginally easier to buy from South America now than it was pre Brexit.

Thanks for the clarification Brunners, I’m just surprised that we view Scandinavian leagues so lowly as their club sizes may be small but the % of top players across the European big leagues and clubs is immense. 

Add to this the fact that Scandinavian teams always stand out in the WC and UC. 

22 minutes ago, Hewie said:

I’m hearing Riley mcgree coming to boro! I was advocating for him to come before he left australia to sign for charlotte/brum....

energetic player, loads of running. Has played in just about every position for Birmingham bar cb and gk in the last 12 months, finally got his foot in the door and his loan is up. Charlotte will want a profit, I seem to remember Adelaide selling him for around 1 million Aussie bucks. Bout 400-500k in Brit pounds. 

@nunthorpered mentioned it a few days ago. He said the deal was worth a couple of million.

He's been reliable with information in the past too.

Just now, RiversideRed said:

@nunthorpered mentioned it a few days ago. He said the deal was worth a couple of million.

He's been reliable with information in the past too.

I’ve heard about it from locals here in oz. friends of friends of friends passing on info. 
people will love him here tbf. Hard worker, good bloke and has an attacking instinct. Exactly what we would want.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Thanks for the clarification Brunners, I’m just surprised that we view Scandinavian leagues so lowly as their club sizes may be small but the % of top players across the European big leagues and clubs is immense. 

Add to this the fact that Scandinavian teams always stand out in the WC and UC. 

The international performance is judged separately in fairness, as they compete in the WC and Euros Danish and Swedish players would get the maximum possible points for international appearances, but the player has to actually make international appearances to get those points.

Here is a link that breaks down a lot of it. Players needs to reach 15 points for automatic WP qualification, anyone over 10 points can be appealed by the buying club. https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/

I’m all for protecting and promoting the chances and playing opportunities for UK players but the premium we have to pay for example an English 19-23 year old verses a 24-27 year old in the Scandinavian leagues who has played regularly and like their UK counterparts been a part of their national setup.

BoroDane could supply me with umpteen names across various nations I’m sure who would not get a work permit because their career has been domestic based yet have played more competitive football than UK lads who have lots of skill but have only really tested themselves in the U23 leagues but have a £££ premium added to them because they are British.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Hewie said:

I’ve heard about it from locals here in oz. friends of friends of friends passing on info. 
people will love him here tbf. Hard worker, good bloke and has an attacking instinct. Exactly what we would want.

Sounds a good signing as long as we get him at a sensible price. Spoken to two Birmingham fans and both have said very similar things. They said grafter, quick, can beat a player and is keen to get forward. But interestingly Bowyer said that they wanted to sign him permanently but Charlotte FC wouldn't do a deal. They also said he's young and was really improving and that if we do sign him we'll make a profit on him in the future.

• Like 1

I’ve always felt that the Scandinavian leagues and national teams because of their sizes have managed to get the balance right between the solid talented domestic grafters and the top stars at international level and the setups and opportunities mean that they have played together and know each other and their plays better than the UK often did.

9 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I’ve always felt that the Scandinavian leagues and national teams because of their sizes have managed to get the balance right between the solid talented domestic grafters and the top stars at international level and the setups and opportunities mean that they have played together and know each other and their plays better than the UK often did.

There is always plenty of scouts looking at the Danish league, but with Brexit rules that way of recruiting has been closed for english clubs. You'll just have to wait until they've broken through elsewhere first. Teams like Nordsjælland, FC Copenhagen and Midtjylland continue to raise the fees that are being paid.

It’s looking like Wilder has gone in to Boro with the belief that we can this season challenge for promotion even if it’s via the playoffs rather than automatic.

Im impressed by this as I’ve often felt that clubs who change managers midseason and the managers themselves simply plan to get through the initial season without being relegated and are planning for the big push then next one.

The targets we seem to be looking at, the way the first team squad is playing and the style and development of players from the academy all look to be working together in harmony with all of them knowing the big aim isn’t promotion and stability but that each department has to work together to achieve this.

The targets that we have been linked with rumoured with in the last month I’ve not always know about or heard of but when they come up and folk on here give their opinions and share stats the general consensus is always positive rather than a Brexit style split in opinion.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic