oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Great we got 2 young forwards in to back up Sporar and Watmore. Meaning our front line will press for the full 90 mins. As currently our forwards get knackered at 65th min then we bring uche on to grind out the win. But now we will be pressing to maximum for full match 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Naisby said:

The lack of opportunities for writers and  actors nowadays has had a profound effect on the standards that we see now as well as what is viewed as being good.

Look at how actors come into the business nowadays and it’s all children’s television and then soaps. No chance to develop different styles or methods, it’s train to do one way of acting and look one particular way now or your not chosen. Look at the great actors and actresses of the past it was talent that brought them success not their looks or opinions. Nowadays if your not from a string of 2-3 acting schools or have gone to university your chances are virtually nil as there are no theatres to learn your craft and tv only produces the same things requiring the same skills.

The Carry On Stars were not the most attractive or politically correct bunch of folk but the skills and talents that they had crafted with opportunities meant that Sid James and Kenneth Williams could both be stars, and the ladies could be showcase their skills without having to all be almost waif like clones of each other. 

Managed to catch a few of the carry on films over the festive period has one of the itv channels had them on. Quality television 

There is still some good stuff produced but the bbc etc don’t seem to push them. I watch the cleaner with Greg Davies the other week on bbc iPlayer but have never seen it advertised or on the bbc channels.

• Like 1

Uche will hopefully go to someone like Milwall. He'll suit them.

Coburn we can send out on loan to League 1/2.

Hopefully we add a further 3-4 signings.

For me I'd like a left-footed CB and to ship Hall out.

Then bring in a left-footed midfielder and another wide man similar to Jones.

and one other but I think we'll hold of replacing our GK or Howson in DM until the summer.

But both positions we need to make a priority in the summer.

11 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Gibson was the standout defender, in fact, he was the standout player overall, and it wasn't really close with anyone else.  Chambers looked decent enough though, and a fair bit better than the other defenders we had on the books then.

I don't agree. Gibson had a solid season no doubt but Chambers was the star of that defence.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Well this is the most un-boro like thing I’ve ever read 

nah. don''t think we would pay that for someone going out on his first loan move.

don't even think FB would be on that much, maybe he's confusing it with Maitland-Niles deal??

WTF paying Balogun 40k a week. Do one. The lad has almost zero first team experience. He'll have to come in a rip the league apart. I must say I'm very disillusioned by that. 

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

nah. don''t think we would pay that for someone going out on his first loan move.

Yeah I agree. I’m struggling to believe that he’s even on 40k a week, let alone that we have agreed to pay it.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic