oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

29 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was chatting to a mate of mine who is is Brighton season ticket holder down the pub last night. He thinks we’ve made a massive mistake signing Connolly. Nothing to do with his off field behaviour, he just doesn’t think he’s any sort of footballer and that he’s living off a couple of individual performances. 

I hope he’s wrong, but after listening to him for half an hour, I hope we manage to sign Balogun, just in case he’s right. 

PL loans are always a bit of a risk as they're invariably underperforming (Connolly) or green and untested (Balogun). As let's be honest, if they were already consistent at PL level, they wouldn't be coming to us on loan.

Many of us would have said similar things as your mate to Forest fans about Spence... And they think he's the best thing since sliced bread! New managers and systems can have a big impact - hopefully it does on Connolly.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Just now, BearSmog said:

The morning usually ends after 11.59am here... not sure what the rules are in Denmark...

We use "morning" which is around 6-10 am and then use the term "pre-midday" which is 10-12am and then midday from 12-1pm and afternoon from there until around 5pm. The terms are loosely used, so isn't set in stone, but "morning" definately isn't later than 10am.

54 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was chatting to a mate of mine who is is Brighton season ticket holder down the pub last night. He thinks we’ve made a massive mistake signing Connolly. Nothing to do with his off field behaviour, he just doesn’t think he’s any sort of footballer and that he’s living off a couple of individual performances. 

I hope he’s wrong, but after listening to him for half an hour, I hope we manage to sign Balogun, just in case he’s right. 

I’m very sceptical myself as it really doesn’t seem like the right fit to me. We can’t pick up the cream of the crop, so our approach is to try and pick up the out of form, those returning from long term injury, the reformed mavericks etc. I will say it’s not a huge risk at this stage so I’m not overly worried.

5 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

It’s not very exciting but I’ve heard we are getting a kid called Caolan Boyd-Munce. One for the future though I think.

Looks like a 21 year old Birmingham reserve that never plays. Odd signing.

59 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It can be a mistake but I don’t think it can be a massive one? If it doesn’t work out we haven’t lost a lot, particularly this season. Whenever I’ve seen him play (not loads admittedly) he has always looked the type who is at very least full of running, willing to chase and put defenders under pressure. Whether he has the ability to chip in goals is another thing altogether, but as competition for Whatmore in that role he seems a reasonable ‘punt’ at this moment in time.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Humpty said:

It’s also a snap shot in time from a reputable journalist rather than the subjective memories of some forum posters 😉

The same journalists who thought Agnew was the saviour that season 😂

7 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

It can be a mistake but I don’t think it can be a massive one? If it doesn’t work out we haven’t lost a lot, particularly this season. Whenever I’ve seen him play (not loads admittedly) he has always looked the type who is at very least full of running, willing to chase and put defenders under pressure. Whether he has the ability to chip in goals is another thing altogether, but as competition for Whatmore in that role he seems a reasonable ‘punt’ at this moment in time.

I agree, he may be able to play a role. I was surprised when my mate was so negative about him, but that’s only one person’s opinion. I need to canvas a few more Brighton fans I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Left footed cb and wing back. Maybe one to slot in in years to come to cover both positions 

From the sparse info on Transfermarkt he looks like a midfielder, but he has hardly played any games in his career, so it's difficult to tell.

20 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The same journalists who thought Agnew was the saviour that season 😂

Pop up an article to that effect would you mate, so I can have a read.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic