oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I wouldn't touch Danny Rose with a barge pole.

He left Tottenham under a cloud, he's now leaving Watford under a cloud.

He was a quality player but his heart will not be in it 

Me either he wouldn't even get in our team atm the way it is. Never seems arsed anywhere he goes

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Think it’s gone downhill for him since his mental health issues and him feeling (or maybe it did) cost him a big move to united. He spoke out about mental health and then seems to have suffered after it. Hasn’t been at his best for a long time now but if it’s til the end of the season deal and we can get something out of him then why not but rather sign Taylor on if we can.

I’ve just read that 👍🏻

We’ve managed to get a bit more cash out of the deal as well which is excellent. I was hoping they’d make it permanent but it’s still a win win.

• Like 1
Just now, Humpty said:

I’ve just read that 👍🏻

We’ve managed to get a bit more cash out of the deal as well which is excellent. I was hoping they’d make it permanent but it’s still a win win.

We’ve made the decision that Djed stays out there until the end of the season. Financially, we had the ability to improve the contract financially that benefited us, that allows us to maybe invest elsewhere and give us that opportunity to improve the standard of player we’re trying to get in to this football club by allowing Djed to go out.

“I think the biggest thing is the young man that’s playing in that position at the moment (Jones). I don’t want to stunt his progression because he’s been outstanding. Bringing a player back who has played football and wants to play first-team football, I’ve got to weigh up a lot of things.

I know it’s early days, but I’d like to think the supporters of Middlesbrough will trust in the decisions we make for the benefit of the football club – short, medium and long term. It was a difficult one, but we’ve made the decision to leave Djed out. We feel that was the right decision on quite a lot of fronts.”

Some good little bits in this. 

• Like 3
Just now, kentucky said:

If BORO sign a cb look for Fry to move ,can I say Newcastle , 

Fry is unlikely to go anywhere because he doesn't want to. He's refused moves already in his career.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Fry has just bought a lavish home in Nunthopre in Jan 2021 that was cost ALOT of money, can’t see him going anywhere

I dont think that will stop him leaving if an acceptable bid does come in. Pretty sure he can afford 2 houses, especially if he ends up joining a PL club on PL wages.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic