oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

12 minutes ago, ABH said:

Wilder on Brynn

“We’re light in that department after Dejan’s departure," the Boro boss said. "So Sol comes in as number three which obviously we need behind Joe [Lumley] and Luke [Daniels].

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-wilder-sol-brynns-return-22623525

Dam but brynn was playing every week at Queen of the South seems a shame to have him back to not even make the bench 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Dam but brynn was playing every week at Queen of the South seems a shame to have him back to not even make the bench 

Imo not as much as a shame as one of our GKs getting injured and us not being able to name a sub GK.

If Lumley and Daniels are as unconvincing as us fans say they are (and am not overly impressed by either) then Brynn should offer them a real challenge if he as good as us fans think he can be.

6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah but it does give the new coaches a chance to take a closer look at him

It might be a case of we have seen how Brynn was out on loan in Scotland, we know we will need better keepers going forward so for the rest of this one he is in the 1st team squad and we can get him to be a potential no2 keeper next season and depending on which division we are in next get in and replace either or both Lumley and Daniels.

If a quality keeper was available this window I would expect us to get them and maybe let brynn return to QotS if they wanted him and hadn’t replaced him yet.

8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Lumley might not but the most convincing but we have kept 9 clean sheets with him between the sticks.

I think even Lumley would admit he not done much during them games.

16 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Lumley might not but the most convincing but we have kept 9 clean sheets with him between the sticks.

I can't think of an instance where he's made the difference in a game since joining

50 minutes ago, ABH said:

Wilder on Brynn

“We’re light in that department after Dejan’s departure," the Boro boss said. "So Sol comes in as number three which obviously we need behind Joe [Lumley] and Luke [Daniels].

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-wilder-sol-brynns-return-22623525

I don't think it's a third choice keeper than we obviously need, Chris.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Leesider said:

I wonder if there is a place in the squad for Uche. Doubtful it seems but i would be gutted to see him leave. If Salah scored that goal today,Sky would be showing it for weeks.Brilliant from the big man. He will be a great signing for somebody but i cant see him getting many minutes for us ahead of Sporar,Balagun,Connolly or Watmore

Nah get rid, he isn't up to it.

4 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Lumley is a middle of the road championship keeper. Can't see us getting much better in this window. 

He's league 1 standard. There's bound to be better available even if its on loan

• Like 2
1 minute ago, notjade said:

He's league 1 standard. There's bound to be better available even if its on loan

He reminds me a bit of Brad Jones, average shot stopper but struggles with most other aspects and feels like he has an error in him every game 

• Like 4

if they are not costing us bundles of goals and points, then would rather we spent the money elsewhere.. not a priority ...  would rather have an average goalie behind a decent defence than the other way round

Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

There's a Brad Jones vibe about him. He's been pretty solid since coming back into the team but you're always expecting an error or mistake is coming. 

Great minds think alike!

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic