oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

57 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Why should I be ashamed of myself? Yes it's pointless to me, it takes major players away from their clubs at a seriously inconvenient time, and those players wouldn't be playing out there if it wasn't for those clubs signing them in the first place. 

You're seriously happy to lose JLS for him to just sit on the bench when he could be doing a job for us and possibly helping us to get promoted?

Losing JLS from our bench to sit on theirs does really rustle my jimmies.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

i do wonder how much we would get for Tav

Lets not start that convo again. If you go back theres pages and pages of chat about that already

41 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's said he wants to remain in English football. I'd be very surprised if he chose Celtic over us, it just seems like a backwards step career wise. 

Like playing in the MLS.

It’s that old chestnut of guaranteed European football and medals for winning something every year depending on how good the only other team in the league to challenge them is.

When Boro were established in the Premier League we couldn’t compete with Celtic for targets, so now we are in the Championship it’s going to take a footballer who looks at things differently than most players do. Hope he comes but at the latest figures quoted and Celtics manager the one who gave him his international call up it’s going to be hard, but stranger things have happened in football recently though...

FACup 150 Year Newcastle Utd 0 - Cambridge United 1

16 minutes ago, JTG said:

Wonder if we might go back in for Jamie McGrath at St Mirren. Seems to have all gone quiet on him but I remember there being a lot of noise in the summer window.

I wonder why Celtic haven't gone for him which is maybe a a benchmark we shouldn't ignore?

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Ian Wright and Patrick Viera recently said that the AFCON needs to have more respect from people..

some of the comments on here would echo that 👀

I think the ideal situation is that these international tournaments happen around the same time.  It would be complicated to arrange but I think after a transition would help the game.

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think the ideal situation is that these international tournaments happen around the same time.  It would be complicated to arrange but I think after a transition would help the game.

Yeah it would be fun to play football in Africa in July like 

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Yeah it would be fun to play football in Africa in July like 

Obviously it depends where you are in Africa but for a lot of the continent July is winter. 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's said he wants to remain in English football. I'd be very surprised if he chose Celtic over us, it just seems like a backwards step career wise. 

Like playing in the MLS.

Thinking the afcon is a pointless tournament. 

Thinking Celtic is a backwards step from a championship club.

You really are a little Englander aren't you. Things exist outside your country. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Such as who?

I seem to remember them getting Chris Sutton over us at the time. We both made the same offers but he chose Celtic 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:
24 minutes ago, Naisby said:

When Boro were established in the Premier League we couldn’t compete with Celtic for targets

Such as who?

Chris Sutton was one, when he was leaving Blackburn Rovers, Robson had him agree a 4 year contract, but Celtic came in offered less money but European football and chance to win stuff.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic