oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

18 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think the ideal situation is that these international tournaments happen around the same time.  It would be complicated to arrange but I think after a transition would help the game.

Maybe if the disruption it creates was every 4 years instead of every 2 years it may be more widely appreciated. That said, Clubs know when they sign African Players that they could be missing for a large part of every second season so they should factor that into fees, wages and squad numbers etc. when they make the initial purchase/transfer decision rather than cry about it later as though it is a huge surprise.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

It being every 2 years is daft, but I suppose that's done because of how difficult it is for African sides to qualify for the World Cup.

5 teams out of 54 competing every 4 years means very few of them get to compete on the biggest stage.

They're increasing it to 9 places in 2026, but they're also pushing for the World Cup to be every 2 years too, so I doubt they'll ever reduce the frequency of the competition.

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Spence adding millions to his price tag by the minute at the moment. Good for us

Can't remember the last time he put this much effort in playing for us

1 minute ago, notjade said:

Most of the time really, unless you think Warnock would keep picking someone who wasn't trying?  Must be nice to be somewhere that you actually feel wanted though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, notjade said:

Which of course is partly down to him, but I think the way he was managed by Warnock and the way he was scapegoated by the fans contributed to it as much if not more. 

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sorry, but any international tournament that takes place during the middle of a football season in which most of its participants play is to me a pointless tournament.

Boro have lost many players over the years to the AFCON and not only do they usually not cover themselves in glory, their effectiveness for us when they return is often diminished.

And there won't be football in Africa this Christmas time

Cos DZ says it doesn't count at all

When Boro players have to go

It interrupts our flow

Do they know it's AFCON time at all

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Chris Sutton was one, when he was leaving Blackburn Rovers, Robson had him agree a 4 year contract, but Celtic came in offered less money but European football and chance to win stuff.

There was a midfielder as well from Hibs who ended up being Celtic captain for years.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And there won't be football in Africa this Christmas time

Cos DZ says it doesn't count at all

When Boro players have to go

It interrupts our flow

Do they know it's AFCON time at all

Bob Geldof would be so proud 🥲 

4 minutes ago, edinboro said:

There was a midfielder as well from Hibs who ended up being Celtic captain for years.

Something Brown, he just left Celtic this year to take up a coaching role.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic