oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

38 minutes ago, Payero said:

They are spending a whole lot of money to just finish 2nd again, Rangers are way ahead of them.

They're 6 points ahead and they still have to play each other 3 times I think it is? City are nearly double that ahead of Chelsea, should Chelsea not spend anything either?

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Payero said:

They are spending a whole lot of money to just finish 2nd again, Rangers are way ahead of them.

Rangers are only 6 points ahead.

That's nothing with the Scottish format.

They still have to play each other 3 times, if they invest right then that gap is bridged and they can catch up before the split.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

If you look carefully you can see the message 'Please schedule for 12PM and add Graeme's byline', don't think that is supposed to be there.

lol - classic twitter card / meta data fail 

5 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

Not sure if we still are battling for McGree or if this is just recycled news for them to fill a story....

Probably the latter!

If you look carefully you can see the message 'Please schedule for 12PM and add Graeme's byline', don't think that is supposed to be there.

If it involves Graeme Bailey, he's always about a week behind everyone else, so he's probably only just heard we're interested!

6 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

Not sure if we still are battling for McGree or if this is just recycled news for them to fill a story....

Probably the latter!

There's really nowt else in that article beyond what we already knew.

Not criticising you there by the way. Criticising that this article is made for Bailey to say the following:

'Sources have also revealed that Middlesbrough have held talks with Charlotte for the 23-year-old'

Tell us something we don't know for a change, Graeme.

• Like 1

I wonder if the noise around Djed Spence might tempt one or two Prem clubs to jump in with an offer before the end of this window, never mind the next? Would be interesting.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There's really nowt else in that article beyond what we already knew.

Not criticising you there by the way. Criticising that this article is made for Bailey to say the following:

'Sources have also revealed that Middlesbrough have held talks with Charlotte for the 23-year-old'

Tell us something we don't know for a change, Graeme.

Yeah that was my initial thought as well, just something to fill in their 12pm slot!

I would imagine he is 99% off to Celtic, they are paying more (by the sounds of it, I am seeing various figures being thrown around) and linking up with someone who knows him better.

I think if his ultimate aim is to play in the Prem, he would be better off playing with us because he would either go up with us or play well enough to be noticed. Players get noticed more in this league, teams like Burnley, Southampton, Palace & West Ham all like to dip into the Championship market (Armstrong, Bowen etc.), unless you're world class like Van Dijk, he will probably end up back in the championship like Ryan Christie moving to Bournemouth. 

Would be interesting to find a stat of how many Championship players get bought to play in the Prem compared to buying from the SPL.

12 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I wonder if the noise around Djed Spence might tempt one or two Prem clubs to jump in with an offer before the end of this window, never mind the next? Would be interesting.

They wouldn’t be able to play him until next season so it’s probably unlikely 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I could be wrong but I think because he has played for us and Forest this season, I don't think he can play for another team this season.

He could be bought and loaned back out to either us or Forest, that happens fairly often with January purchases by the Prem from the EFL.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hewie said:

People seriously underestimate the Japanese league.

There players are seriously undervalued as well. Most of the top players only have a 1 year contract. Celtic have done some interesting business especially as a couple of them already have European experience.

• Like 1
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

There players are seriously undervalued as well. Most of the top players only have a 1 year contract. Celtic have done some interesting business especially as a couple of them already have European experience.

Kyogo Furuhashi who they signed in the summer has 16 goals and 5 assists in 26 games, supposedly cost £4.6million so bit of an outlay for Celtic but he's looked good when I have seen him, fairly short guy but incredibly fast, thought he might get bullied by the tough no nonsense Scottish defenders but seems to breeze past them. Huge market for Asian players because of the marketing opportunities, part of the reason Man U signed Shinji Kagawa a few years ago, you're going to sell a lot of shirts and have a lot of buzz from Asia.

Helps having a manager who has actually managed in that league, he's going to know if these players are good enough to play for Celtic just from watching them and the performance stats. Furuhashi has done really well but will be interesting to see how the three new players do.

Everyone's scouting department has started looking at the Czech league after the success of Soucek and Coufal at West Ham, if these Japanese players continue to perform, I would imagine a similar case will occur with the J1 League.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic