oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Just now, Youngy228 said:

There's a fantastic book called Deal Done which is all about transfers written by an agent.  Sadly contract length and value remaining does come into play big time (albeit with a lot of other factors - desirability being a major one.)

correct me if I'm wrong, even if his contract runs out, we are still entitled to a fee for Tav?

and if we can't agree one, it would go to a tribunal and we could use previous offers to justify our value?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Funny isn't it how I was told about Balogun back in October and also have been saying Tav has already talked to Leeds for weeks now, and now it's been reported people can't stop discussing it...

Btw no way do we get anywhere near 10m for Tav OR Spence

There is a saying about this. Something about throwing *** at the wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Mr_Maz said:

correct me if I'm wrong, even if his contract runs out, we are still entitled to a fee for Tav?

and if we can't agree one, it would go to a tribunal and we could use previous offers to justify our value?

We absolutely will get a fee for selling him.  But the closer his contract is to running out the more of that pot goes to him and his agents compared to selling club.

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

You are correct. No matter what we are due a fee for Tav, be it tribunal or an agreed fee.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Funny isn't it how I was told about Balogun back in October and also have been saying Tav has already talked to Leeds for weeks now, and now it's been reported people can't stop discussing it...

Btw no way do we get anywhere near 10m for Tav OR Spence

Spence's value is on an upward spiral, his performance in the live game yesterday increased that value.  It's not inconceivable that he may end up around 10m. 

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

And I have had a couple of beers tonight because I'm back at work tomorrow but I will also put it out there that we will take nearer 2.5 for Spence than we will 10.

Don't understand why we would though? Surely at that price we might as well just keep him for a year and let him go on a free if he wants 

Just now, Aphex_Boro said:

Don't understand why we would though? Surely at that price we might as well just keep him for a year and let him go on a free if he wants 

Because we are fans. 

If you are Gibson and you are going to get 2.5-4 million for a player we picked up on a free.....

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

And I have had a couple of beers tonight because I'm back at work tomorrow but I will also put it out there that we will take nearer 2.5 for Spence than we will 10.

Selling players for the fees you are talking about is how football clubs go backwards.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Selling players for the fees you are talking about is how football clubs go backwards.

I don't disagree with you - all I am saying is what I think the club will do.

I would value Tav at 7.5 plus add ons and Spence at 4 plus add ons.  I think the club will value them at 5-6 and 2.5-3.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Why on Earth would we do that?

£2.5m isn't much of a fee these days especially if we are probably going to be selling Tav and maybe Fry for decent money

We'd essentially be forgoing the fee to keep an excellent option at RWB around for a season. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't we also get a tribunal fee or has he not been with us long enough?

Feels like we constantly talk about Tav leaving. We have never had a bid for him as far as I’m aware. I don’t see us selling him this window, he’s not a save your season type signing for a premier league team he’s a get him in early pre season and integrate him in your style type summer signing. I will be astonished if he’s gone by end of window. I get the Spence talk as he’s clearly a goner in the summer  but the Tav chatter is getting a bit boring. Let’s just get behind him ffs

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Aphex_Boro said:

£2.5m isn't much of a fee these days especially if we are probably going to be selling Tav and maybe Fry for decent money

We'd essentially be forgoing the fee to keep an excellent option at RWB around for a season. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't we also get a tribunal fee or has he not been with us long enough?

Don't think tribunal comes into play.

He was also a free.  If there is genuine competition maybe his value increases slightly but his contract length shows we can't demand a high fee. (If I'm wrong I'll be the one singing the loudest - I just don't see it)

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic