oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Just now, Youngy228 said:

I don't disagree with you - all I am saying is what I think the club will do.

I would value Tav at 7.5 plus add ons and Spence at 4 plus add ons.  I think the club will value them at 5-6 and 2.5-3.

Why? Our recent sales of decent assets don't suggest to me that we undervalue them or accept poor fees. Traore, Gibson, Bamford, Reach, Adomah all went for what I'd consider good fees for the players they were at the time. With Scott running the show now and knowing he gets to spend more if he brings in more I don't see why that would change? 

Seriously at £5m I'd rather take our chances at a tribunal if he ends up leaving on a free.

• Like 1
Just now, Payero said:

We nearly sold him to Barnsley for 1.5m when woodgate took over, tav didn't want to go.

Yeah I remember that interest but I mean concrete premier league interest, it’s always rumoured but I’ve never seen anything genuine. Just because he’s a saleable asset doesn’t mean teams are desperate to sign him. 

Can I ask for a bit of clarity on the Transfer situation.

Balagun coming but covid acting as a delay.

McGree going/gone to Celtic

We have been linked with a lad from Rangers in Scottish Sun and another Rangers player last week.

That lad from Brazil must have been speculation.

A lad from under 23’s going to Burton.

The Evening Gazette have drawn attention to our reported interest in Hamilton's Jamie Hamilton: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-transfer-kokolo-loan-exit-22705662.

He's a CB that can also play at RB. There are loads of clubs linked with him, including Liverpool, so our chances of signing him are probably slim. The link originally came through Teamtalk: https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/michael-edwards-preparing-swoop-scottish-defender-jamie-hamilton-newcastle-keen. I haven't heard him linked before so I found it interesting that the Evening Gazette have highlighted it. It would fit into our new approach of looking for young players to develop with a clear pathway to the first team.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Naisby said:

We have been linked with a lad from Rangers in Scottish Sun and another Rangers player last week.

Pretty much nailed it.

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

plus signing of young LB/LWB Bryant Bilongo from none league.

nearly signed for Chelsea but something fell through.

5 minutes ago, Payero said:

We nearly sold him to Barnsley for 1.5m when woodgate took over, tav didn't want to go.

Kind of sums up why it would be utterly moronic to accept £5m now.

Just now, Naisby said:

Balogun had covid, no longer does, medical soon, announced by the end of the week.

Missed out on McGree. Crap, didn't want him anyway, etc etc

I think we should avoid signing Scottish players, tbh

Kokolo going to Burton Albion, worries that he's capable of playing at a higher level than that

• Haha 1

Eze was sold to Palace for around £18m wasn't he? I'd be using that deal as a bit of a benchmark. By that I'm not saying we'd get £18m, but comparatively we could work down from that figure.

Him and Tav have similar championship appearances, but Eze has double the goals, obviously Eze also had a very good final season (think he got 15 league goals). As it stands I reckon £10m-£12m would be a fair price (obviously I'd want more). But if Tav could add more goals to his game that £18m starts to look more in reach.

1 minute ago, p_mards said:

The Evening Gazette have drawn attention to our reported interest in Hamilton's Jamie Hamilton: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-transfer-kokolo-loan-exit-22705662.

He's a CB that can also play at RB. There are loads of clubs linked with him, including Liverpool, so our chances of signing him are probably slim. The link originally came through Teamtalk: https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/michael-edwards-preparing-swoop-scottish-defender-jamie-hamilton-newcastle-keen. I haven't heard him linked before so I found it interesting that the Evening Gazette have highlighted it. It would fit into our new approach of looking for young players to develop with a clear pathway to the first team.

A guy called Hamilton shouldn't ever be allowed to stop playing for Hamilton, I'm sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Will said:

Seriously at £5m I'd rather take our chances at a tribunal if he ends up leaving on a free.

He was born in March 1999. So when his contract ends in 2023, he will be 24. How would we get anything at a tribunal?

4 minutes ago, Will said:

Why? Our recent sales of decent assets don't suggest to me that we undervalue them or accept poor fees. Traore, Gibson, Bamford, Reach, Adomah all went for what I'd consider good fees for the players they were at the time. With Scott running the show now and knowing he gets to spend more if he brings in more I don't see why that would change? 

The only one there is Reach.  We got good fee for him.

Bamford - Low fee

Traore - minimum release clause so we had no option 

Adomah scored goals and had much higher assists.

Gibson - there is a story behind his move.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Balogun had covid, no longer does, medical soon, announced by the end of the week.

Missed out on McGree. Crap, didn't want him anyway, etc etc

I think we should avoid signing Scottish players, tbh

Kokolo going to Burton Albion, worries that he's capable of playing at a higher level than that

I don't think anyone is worrying that he's capable of playing at a higher level (are they?), there are worries if he'll play at all at Burton though, as they have a pretty established ex Man U player at LB/LWB already.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic