oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

2 million for one cup game? Blimey. I’d have thought 1 million. 

I'm sure our cup tie away to Arsenal helped "Pay" for the Forshaw deal when we signed him. That was between £1m-£2m if I recall correctly?

Edit: That season we had FA cup games away at City and Arsenal, so both of those would have been a good boost.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

McGree medical tomorrow.

That's excited me if only because we'd fended off interest from a much bigger club that still probably has bigger financial clout than us even as a Scottish team.

Hope you're right.

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

For anyone moaning about the finances on the Balogun loan, we’re about to make £2m off the Man Utd match so that game alone will more than pay for it and allow for another loan in too. 

We been selected for the TV @Lurker?

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

McGree back on then? I'm putting my faith in you @CrazyLafter the Boyd-Munce signing.

It wasn’t ever off - I was told we still had a chance a couple of days back because the Celtic thing wasn’t as done as the press were reporting. I wasn’t sure I believed it myself so kept quiet. Just been told medical tomorrow 🤞🏻

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

2 million for one cup game? Blimey. I’d have thought 1 million. 

If the gate receipts are split down the middle that will be over £1m alone I believe.

44 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, fair point, I apologise for the snark.

He might have been impacted worse than the other players and has to work to build up his fitness again.

But there were plenty of players missing from the pictures today.

Plenty of players missing but also was just single players in the main.  Perhaps Balogun trained with us?  They have done this before where they only released single players as there was a signing training with us and can't remember who.  I know people will say well we know Balogun is joining but its not official yet and so they won't show him yet.  If I was Wilder I'd have said I wanted him training today rather than doing media shots etc.  That can be done after training.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic