oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

28 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

But often Championship clubs aren't more attractive, as I've already pointed out.  Celtic have players, and have had players, that we couldn't have signed here.  However, you were actually talking about League One in fairness anyway, I was just trying to point out that Celtic are a bigger club than us, can afford to pay more for players than we can, and League One clubs aren't going to overtake that any time in the next 20 years.  Riley McGree choosing to come here doesn't alter that, and your assertion that Celtic don't have the money is the reason that revenue is important.  Anyway last post from me on the matter 👍

Aye and often Championship clubs are more attractive, which is a change from years ago. I believe this trend will continue. The strength of English football means Brentford can be competitive in the PL, which in turn means big clubs like Sheff Wed or Sunderland are down in league 1.

This makes owners from the championship go for it, gamble to get in the premier league. This has meant the championship has become an attractive option, more so than the SPL in my opinion. I just think this trend will continue and it would not suprise me if in 20 years SPL players are looking at league 1 as not necessarily a step down. Clearly they don't with the championship now. I can only see league 1 getting more competitive and attracting relatively rich owners.

Happy to finish it there.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I'm reading a book called The Hard Yards at the moment, about the 2020-21 Championship season. It's amazing how many players speak glowingly of the Championship, despite it supposedly being a graveyard for ambition, the go-to location for has-beens and never-will-bes, etc.

Those positive sentiments towards this division will percolate outward, to players not yet in the league but considering entering it. By contrast, nobody can honestly say the SPL is an exciting and unpredictable league with immense riches awaiting the top teams, especially when Celtic are usually out of Europe before the Reading and Leeds Festival.

• Like 1

It really is hilarious how we as football fans turn 180 when a player isn’t coming to our club.

I couldn’t have seen more positive comments yesterday from Birmingham and Celtic fans, now today “he was only good for 6 weeks” and “didn’t want him anyway” 😂

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Damn it, obviously, I'm a dozy git.

I have noticed that someone like Balogun for example went from having none of the squad following him to about 4-5 an hour later so i'm not sure if they are made to wait now to stop things leaking ahead of time. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic