oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

Well, I know I don't make very many posts, and there's a reason for that.  I'm here to learn.  And, honestly, it doesn't take too long to figure out which of you contributors are worth taking at face value, and which can be safely ignored... 

Wow... I'm sitting right here 😭

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, WirelessBoro said:

I’d actually forgotten about Wood! I agree. I was really disappointed by some of the comments after the Mansfield game. He has all the physical attributes of a top quality, modern centre back. 

Edit: Perhaps this is Wilder’s thinking, essentially ruling out another loan move by playing him against Mansfield.

Does he? He obviously has talent, but he was awful against Rotherham at home last season, had a shocking second half last weekend, and hasn’t been able to get regular starts on loan in league one and the SPL. 

I wouldn’t be confident relying on him when we’re chasing play offs, personally speaking 

• Like 4

Interesting to watch the press conference in full and see how the EG have been pushed behind the echo.  Also with Scott's interview - seems the echo is being pushed by the club.  Thought the fallout with EG had been sorted.

• Like 1

Enjoyed listening to Wilder,  as he highlighted the players who are allowed to move on are behind the new players and unlikely to play. So I'd expect to see Hall move on only once we have a replacement, seems we are getting better at this.  UTB

16 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

It was nice to read Wilders comments regarding the recent articles about Boro overspending and potential FFP rule violations being false. Stopp it in the tracks.

It good to hear we haven't needed to offer outlandish fees or wages for players over other clubs, or that we are spending beyond the books for FFP considering Gibson and his strict views on it. Really shows how attractive the club is to play at, and how little research or effort is put into journalism these days to pass something off as a story.

I think Wilder can take a big chunk of credit for that, sorting out the playing side of things and overseeing a speedy rise up the table. Boro now look like a club thats going places and we're playing a more attractive brand of football. Thats got to help win over potential recruits.

I don't think many of us put much stock in that Telegraph article anyway, but its nice to have it confirmed.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Does he? He obviously has talent, but he was awful against Rotherham at home last season, had a shocking second half last weekend, and hasn’t been able to get regular starts on loan in league one and the SPL. 

I wouldn’t be confident relying on him when we’re chasing play offs, personally speaking 

Everyone wants a local lad to succeed, especially coming after Fry and Gibson, but whenever I've seen Wood, he's looked lightweight. He may still mature into a composed player, but I think he needs a lot of game time to get there, and preferably not in a defence that's challenging for play-offs or even automatic spots.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:
Interesting that they don't mention the exact length, I'm guessing there's an option for a further year.

Wilder intimated as much in the press conference.

Believe it says until the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:
Interesting that they don't mention the exact length, I'm guessing there's an option for a further year.

Wilder intimated as much in the press conference.

I was thinking that.  Particularly when others were interested. Felt it was likely to take an 18 month deal to get it over line.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic