oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

3 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Clearly it’s hard for them but he is 100% wrong. McGree preferred to stay in the Championship and to sign for us. 

James Forest really is p*@@ed off. Love the talk about Middlesbrough town attraction though. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I really think that would see the hoards of Rams come charging north looking for blood.

After reading their boards it’s clear that the vast majority of posters are not fully aware of how the EFL works, they think that that venerable establishment is in the pocket of clubs like Middlesbrough. They also believe that Steve Gibson personally is responsible for all their current woes, with the actions of the administrators second and their previous chairman a very very very distant third.

It's a bit worrying reading their forum to be honest. It's a total echo chamber and they've whipped themselves up into a frenzy. Almost makes me think one of them could do something really stupid at some point.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://thecelticblog.com/2022/01/articles-and-features/chris-wilder-is-the-one-talking-nonsense-about-alleged-celtic-snub-for-mcgree/

🤣🤣

They're not bitter though, oh no. 

As Mr Forrest is so keen to stress in the opening few paragraphs, they're soooooooo over it girlfriend.

I'd be embarrassed beyond belief if anyone associated with Boro wrote something like that

Oh God Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

James Forest really is p*@@ed off. Love the talk about Middlesbrough town attraction though. 

Yeah because it’s a well known fact that football players all live in the town centre! 🙄 Truth is the quickest route to the EPL for the lad is either with us (being promoted) or through doing well with us and catching the eye. Even if he does well with Celtic then people are going to question the standard of the opposition and wonder if it’s a factor. Standing out, week in and week out, in a league as intense and competitive as the Championship pretty much guarantees a player his chance in the EPL. Playing well in a team which, unsurprisingly, bullies pretty much every team it plays (bar Rangers), is less impressive. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

It's a bit worrying reading their forum to be honest. It's a total echo chamber and they've whipped themselves up into a frenzy. Almost makes me think one of them could do something really stupid at some point.

They are not happy and every ounce of bitterness and hurt is coming our way, and that is now less than a month away 12th February.

Im hoping things calm down before then as unless Cleveland police man roadblocks at the old county boundary a lot are planning to turn up and “ protest “ 

not all Derby fans but this could be a match to look at how you get to and from it.

5 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Yeah because it’s a well known fact that football players all live in the town centre! 🙄 Truth is the quickest route to the EPL for the lad is either with us (being promoted) or through doing well with us and catching the eye. Even if he does well with Celtic then people are going to question the standard of the opposition and wonder if it’s a factor. Standing out, week in and week out, in a league as intense and competitive as the Championship pretty much guarantees a player his chance in the EPL. Playing well in a team which, unsurprisingly, bullies pretty much every team it plays (bar Rangers), is less impressive. 

No idea what your post conveys, I simply said he seemed p***ed off and thought his take on Middlesbrough town centre amusing..  

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

No idea what your post conveys, I simply said he seemed p***ed off and thought his take on Middlesbrough town centre amusing..  

well it shouldn’t convey any negativity towards you. I was just pointing out a few home truths for Mr Forrest? Who I’m sure is a regular visitor to this forum 👀

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I think he was on your side mate 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
36 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Don’t think we will miss Hernandez personally. Don’t know the stats but I bet if you look at his involvement he probably hasn’t played much part in results we’ve achieved.

might be wrong?! I found him quite frustrating to watch to be honest.

I think you're right, the lad hasn't accomplished much for himself here. But I do think we have seen glimpses of what makes him a good Championship player and whilst you hope to see it from most players, it is always nice when you see commitment to the cause from a player pretty much every time they play.

Same can be said of Uche. If/when he goes, he'll go with well wishes because I think he's done all he can to help the cause. His lack of quality in games isn't down to lack of effort. I think you can always try to appreciate that in players even when you know they're not right for you.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think you're right, the lad hasn't accomplished much for himself here. But I do think we have seen glimpses of what makes him a good Championship player and whilst you hope to see it from most players, it is always nice when you see commitment to the cause from a player pretty much every time they play.

Same can be said of Uche. If/when he goes, he'll go with well wishes because I think he's done all he can to help the cause. His lack of quality in games isn't down to lack of effort. I think you can always try to appreciate that in players even when you know they're not right for you.

Yes I appreciate his effort but apart from that I don’t think he will be missed. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic