oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

For what it’s worth I heard that at least one club are interested in buying him now and loaning him back to Forest for the rest of the season.

I hope we sell this month. He has 18 months on his deal and from our perspective his stock wont be as high as it is right now.

He might have a brilliant 2nd half of season too but come summer he will have 12 months left so our hand will be weaker.

• Like 3

EFL Rules - 

Clause 54 

54.1.1    any Player registered on a Standard Loan, International Loan, an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; or

54.1.2    any player registered on any other form of loan at a club,

may not sign for any other Club (or club) during the period of the respective loan.

That seems to mean we cant sell him during the loan to Forest. (His loan is a Standard Loan)

Clause 55

55.1.3    any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a)           after the expiry of 28 days; and

(b)           only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 55.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate).

Unless the revised loan to Forest was before 4th January, the above suggests we cant recall him - even with Forest's approval (and why would they agree, unless we paid them an almighty portion of the transfer fee as an incentive?)

I cant see from above how he can go during this transfer window, unless i am missing something. (unless we got his new loan through before 4th January?)

13 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

EFL Rules - 

Clause 54 

54.1.1    any Player registered on a Standard Loan, International Loan, an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; or

54.1.2    any player registered on any other form of loan at a club,

may not sign for any other Club (or club) during the period of the respective loan.

That seems to mean we cant sell him during the loan to Forest. (His loan is a Standard Loan)

Clause 55

55.1.3    any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a)           after the expiry of 28 days; and

(b)           only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 55.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate).

Unless the revised loan to Forest was before 4th January, the above suggests we cant recall him - even with Forest's approval (and why would they agree, unless we paid them an almighty portion of the transfer fee as an incentive?)

I cant see from above how he can go during this transfer window, unless i am missing something. (unless we got his new loan through before 4th January?)

He can go if the buying team waits to take him on until the summer and let him stay at forest until then. If a team reckons they need to act now to steal a March on potential other suitors that might be exactly what they’ll do. 

• Like 2

I'm glad the transfer window ends when we play Manchester United as all this talk about Spence wait until they see Jones. He is littery in team of the week every week is December's player of the month and is running down the wing leading us to the Premier league!!! 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I hope we sell this month. He has 18 months on his deal and from our perspective his stock wont be as high as it is right now.

He might have a brilliant 2nd half of season too but come summer he will have 12 months left so our hand will be weaker.

Alternatively a bidding war is almost certainly in our best interests and that might be more likely in the summer window. 

I do think Warnock is right about Spence he'll either end up in the Premier League or non-league, he looks good at Forest with Johnson in front of him but not many teams play with a winger in front of a wingback and Spence lacks the technique to be a winger we saw how that experiment went under Woodgate and Warnock.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm glad the transfer window ends when we play Manchester United as all this talk about Spence wait until they see Jones. He is littery in team of the week every week is December's player of the month and is running down the wing leading us to the Premier league!!! 

Could not agree more. I'm already worried about the summer if we don't manage to get up this year. Right now I just can't see a scenario where a Prem team doesn't snap him up in the summer.

• Like 1

As much as I like Spence and wish he could be part of what we're doing here, I think we should cash in asap because he clearly doesn't want to be here. Rest of January should be about getting the best deal we can possibly get. 

It's just sad to me, I think we've missed out on a player who could have gone on to be a Boro legend had the manager and fans treated him a little better. Hes obviously not free of guilt but who would want to put in a load of effort for a manager who doesn't want him and a fan base who threw a 19 year old under the bus week after week?

I for one will wish him well wherever he goes and hope he fulfils his potential.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Will said:

Could not agree more. I'm already worried about the summer if we don't manage to get up this year. Right now I just can't see a scenario where a Prem team doesn't snap him up in the summer.

Protecting his own development, 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

He can go if the buying team waits to take him on until the summer and let him stay at forest until then. If a team reckons they need to act now to steal a March on potential other suitors that might be exactly what they’ll do. 

Not according to the rules I quoted.  It specifically says a player can’t sign for anyone else whilst on loan.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

As much as I like Spence and wish he could be part of what we're doing here, I think we should cash in asap because he clearly doesn't want to be here. Rest of January should be about getting the best deal we can possibly get. 

It's just sad to me, I think we've missed out on a player who could have gone on to be a Boro legend had the manager and fans treated him a little better. Hes obviously not free of guilt but who would want to put in a load of effort for a manager who doesn't want him and a fan base who threw a 19 year old under the bus week after week?

I for one will wish him well wherever he goes and hope he fulfils his potential.

I do get what you mean, but Isaiah Jones is currently the best that Spence could hope to be.

Arguably the best wing back in the Championship right now.

If Spence had stayed, eitherJones growth would have been stunted, Spence would be on the bench and/or we'd still be playing Warnock style football.

16 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Not according to the rules I quoted.  It specifically says a player can’t sign for anyone else whilst on loan.

Hmm. Sounds weird that you can’t make a sale that comes into effect in the summer. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic