oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

14 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Its the legacy of the Chicken Run. You have your debut season to get up to speed and adapt before your judged. Lots of young lads have done, lots took a bit longer and needed a bit of verbal encouragement from the terraces to bring their talent out.

The team of 19867/87 were hailed as heroes, but every one of them got stick if they slipped below what they could give and what they gave. You knew if Gary Parkinson had a bad game then after the stick he got his next few matches he wouldn’t put a foot wrong.

I don't think it's just been the odd time tho there's now an agenda week in week out and he's not even playing that poorly. It takes lads a few seasons sometimes to truly come good. Tavs had alot of injuries in previous seasons which means he's probably not as experienced as he should be at his age. He needs more time and a bit of support from the crowd. He gives 110% and is probably our second most talented player. It's already been noted by wilder that he's getting stick and clearly Tav is aware. Why would anyone want to stick around in an atmosphere where you have to play well just to have nobody mention you at all. Fry is the same also as soon as one or two bad games the knives are out. It takes young players years sometimes to reach their potential. Writing them off after a poor half a season and calling for the club to sell them It's not conducive to a good atmosphere for developing our young players but its never going to change I doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

4 hours ago, chickenlunch said:

regarding the people saying Spence coming back would affect Jones - it seems obvious to me that Jones would move to left wing back and Spence would be right wing back? for all Jones' qualities on the right, I still feel like he'd be best suited on the left

I wouldn't want him playing left wingback.  You really need the wingback to be on his stronger side as he's there to offer width not cut in and shoot.  It would also be trickier for him to defend on his weaker side, we'd lose balance and I don't see Wilder even considering it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I don't think it's just been the odd time tho there's now an agenda week in week out and he's not even playing that poorly. It takes lads a few seasons sometimes to truly come good. Tavs had alot of injuries in previous seasons which means he's probably not as experienced as he should be at his age. He needs more time and a bit of support from the crowd. He gives 110% and is probably our second most talented player. It's already been noted by wilder that he's getting stick and clearly Tav is aware. Why would anyone want to stick around in an atmosphere where you have to play well just to have nobody mention you at all. Fry is the same also as soon as one or two bad games the knives are out. It takes young players years sometimes to reach their potential. Writing them off after a poor half a season and calling for the club to sell them It's not conducive to a good atmosphere for developing our young players but its never going to change I doubt. 

It’s also not like the chicken run of old. A player would get stick for 90 minutes a week but now with social media is 24/7

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

The Reserves now the under 23’s is where developing young players takes place, along with coaching and training. 

The 1st team isn’t where that should be taking place, if the manager picks you he obviously feels you can do the job, as such it’s expected that you can do the job that is asked of you. If you keep making the same mistakes or choices as a player and they don’t achieve results often enough, at best your in the wrong team and going to another would help. At worst your not up to the job and it’s back to the reserves or your being let go. 

• Smogzilla changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - Any other business? 🧐

Because Djed will be under 24 when his contract ends will we not receive compensation if he leaves on a free? Not sure how much as he hadn't been with the academy that long...

6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Because Djed will be under 24 when his contract ends will we not receive compensation if he leaves on a free? Not sure how much as he hadn't been with the academy that long...

I don't think there's much chance of him leaving on a free.

I'd bet good money that we sell him this summer whatever happens with our season.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think there's much chance of him leaving on a free.

I'd bet good money that we sell him this summer whatever happens with our season.

Well it's more that we're not in a position where we have to sell or he'll leave for nothing so it gives us leverage and means we don't have to sell for pennies.

5 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Well it's more that we're not in a position where we have to sell or he'll leave for nothing so it gives us leverage and means we don't have to sell for pennies.

I get what you're saying, but he just needs to keep performing, and there should be a good number of clubs interested in the summer and we'll then get a fair price. 

• Like 1

Tav gets pelters because he screws up the simple things, he dwells on the ball to long on occasions, his dead balls can be terrible at times and sometimes he gives the ball to the opposition.

On the other hand he does track back well and make some vital challenges and on Saturday his 2 deliveries into the box, the first the keeper saved the resulting header, the second we scored from, were sublime!

If he could stop making silly mistakes, and they are silly mistakes, then he would be held in much higher admiration by the fans than he currently is.

i dont get the tav bashing now. when he was playing as a winger and not being creative and being wasteful fair enough. but hes a cm now. and he is covering he ground making tackles tracking his men. putting quality balls into the box keeping possession well. he occasionally gets caught out. but who doesnt? we cant expect him to be creating chances like a winger or scoring goals for fun like crooks. i think tav has being doing really well as the left cm. my main gripe wit hhis before was how he was to selfish and chose the wrong option when in a good position. i cant remember him doing that at all now. hes really improved under winder. 

• Like 9

With Tav, it's worth acknowledging his role in the team has changed now. Under Warnock when he was playing right wing, there was way more pressure on him to score and assist. I think he's class in this left centre-mid role, it suits his strengths nicely.

Now we've got Jones in those edge of the area pockets who has way more of a killer instinct. Tav still got himself a nice assist on Saturday too though! 

• Like 5

His role now is completely different to that he had under the last three managers. He's now a focal point in the centre of the pitch and not a winger. He makes things happen with the ball and with quality strikers a goalscoring midfielder besides him and attacking wingbacks he is perfect for us. He is excellent at drinving the ball forward and now that he can actually keep the ball on the ground and for a bit longer he no longer has to just hoof it or do it all by himself. As a player and with his skill he is perfect for the way Wilder wants to play. I don't think there is any chance we are selling him and certainly not this january with the way the season is now shaping up. It would have to be a mammoth bid to make sense.

I'm also quite confident that we are going to see him and Fry extend their contracts during the coming months.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic