Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Can we sign a Derby player for an insultingly low fee just for the Twitter meltdown? 

And for complete sh*ts and giggles, tell them to "take it off what they owe us". Treat it like a bar tab...

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I can't imagine many, if any, Derby players would be willing to join us.

I expect we've been built up as one of the bad guys in the dressing room, and they'll also be well aware that they'd get absoluge dog's abuse from Derby fans everywhere if they left their relegation battle to join the team that ensured they were rightly punished.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I honestly can't think of a single Derby player I would even want, never mind getting involved in that hot mess to try and get one.

Lee Buchanan LB age 20

Festy Ebosele RB age 19

Max Bird CM DM age 21

Jason Knight CM age 20

Louie Sibley CM age 20

Tom Lawrence LW age 28 

I would take any of the above 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I honestly can't think of a single Derby player I would even want, never mind getting involved in that hot mess to try and get one.

I'd probably take Jason Knight, but I think we've got enough midfielders

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Lee Buchanan LB age 20

Festy Ebosele RB age 19

Max Bird CM DM age 21

Jason Knight CM age 20

Louie Sibley CM age 20

Tom Lawrence LW age 28 

I would take any of the above 

None of the young players really bother me, maybe I don't know enough about them but we have decent young players in all those positions who I'd rather give a chance to.

I know he can be a talented player at times but no thanks, I'd not touch Tom Lawrence with a barge pole.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blanco said:

We should take their catering staff and get the Yorkshire Pud Wraps and Parmo on a Bun back on match days 😃

@Will, maybe we have a solution to your everlasting problem.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

None of the young players really bother me, maybe I don't know enough about them but we have decent young players in all those positions who I'd rather give a chance to.

I know he can be a talented player at times but no thanks, I'd not touch Tom Lawrence with a barge pole.

I'd sign him, just don't let him drive to practice

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

Celtic close to signing Matt O'Riley from KD Sons for £1.5m. He was the other one we was linked with.

I’d sign him for that but would only need him if Tav is off

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Celtic close to signing Matt O'Riley from KD Sons for £1.5m. He was the other one we was linked with.

Bit of a strange one that as I’ve just read Swansea are closing in on the loan signing of Hannes Wolf from Borussia Mönchengladbach. There was significant interest from Celtic for him and their fans were very keen on him. Remember them saying they weren’t that bothered about missing out on McGree because they were getting him.

Similarly it looked like O’Riley was off to Swansea and he’s ended up at Celtic. For 1.5m I think that’s a cracking deal for them and technically he looks a very tidy player but McGree looks the one more suited to a Wilder system. Presses well and wins the ball back high up the pitch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTG said:

Bit of a strange one that as I’ve just read Swansea are closing in on the loan signing of Hannes Wolf from Borussia Mönchengladbach. There was significant interest from Celtic for him and their fans were very keen on him. Remember them saying they weren’t that bothered about missing out on McGree because they were getting him.

Similarly it looked like O’Riley was off to Swansea and he’s ended up at Celtic. For 1.5m I think that’s a cracking deal for them and technically he looks a very tidy player but McGree looks the one more suited to a Wilder system. Presses well and wins the ball back high up the pitch.

Also there won't be much step up for O'Riley as he'll continue to play against mostly league one standard players week in week out. 🤠

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Latest Posts

    • John Ruddy been officially let go by Wolves it seems, I wouldn't be totally against him signing. Was always a Good Championship level keeper for both Wolves and Norwich. I read something regarding George Friend a few pages back the other day and I would be totally all for it, would add some great leadership and the fans would surely be right behind him still and as a left sided centre back I think he could do a real job for us even if just as a back up option. Also heard the Rhodes rumors and I personally believe he is a perfect Wilder Striker, such a hard worker and a great finisher. Which leads me to my final former Boro player, Ben Gibson. I again would love to see him return and think he could flourish in the left sided centre back role for Wilder's system. I do think the best options for those outside centre back roles are more suited to a full back converted/secondary centre back but at Sheff United Wilder didn't always have that option and was still greatly successful. If Fry was to leave Gibson would be great in the middle of the 3 of course.  
    • Very strange move, but apparently it's a three-year contract and for good money. He'll finish is career mid-table in the Championship.
    • Nothing mate. Just a hunch feeling. 
    • Heard something more or just speculating?

×
×
  • Create New...