oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

40 minutes ago, JTG said:

It’s not a podcast as such but I’ve just watched a fantastic video on us by James Alcott on the League of 72 YouTube channel. He takes an in depth look at our tactics since Chris Wilder took over.

Thought it was worth the watch. 👍 

https://youtu.be/zTc_GyGYP2Q

The LO72 is a really good football league YT channel. Well presented and some big name interviews

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Just now, Weasel said:

Rangers fans are just as awful, if not worse.

The best teams in Scotland are the non old firm team.

they may well be, but doesn't change my position. 

I grew up with a Rangers fan and his family.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Loan as well, might mean he still has a chance here.

Be pleased for the lad if he does. Looked to have something about him pre injury and if the way he cheers on the club and the team on social media is a fair reflection of his personality, he's definitely a positive dressing room influence.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, MMC said:

Be pleased for the lad if he does. Looked to have something about him pre injury and if the way he cheers on the club and the team on social media is a fair reflection of his personality, he's definitely a positive dressing room influence.

Agreed that he seems like a good personality, not sure he'll fit a Wilder system though, it's been a while but weren't most of his better performances playing out wide?

2 minutes ago, Teacider said:

Agreed that he seems like a good personality, not sure he'll fit a Wilder system though, it's been a while but weren't most of his better performances playing out wide?

I think he could play as one of the two 8’s. Needs games and fitness this year

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think he could play as one of the two 8’s. Needs games and fitness this year

From the little we've seen of him I doubt he is going to be disciplined enough for one of those spots. I think we are hoping he has a good time at Charlton and we can get some money in the summer.

• Like 3

If we are all being honest then Marcus Browne (who btw seems a really nice lad) is not good enough for us if we want to aim for promotion.

I agree his best chance of a game in a wilder system is as a no.8 but he is not getting in ahead of Crooks and Tav who currently have the 2 spots. Then you currently have Payero and McGree and lets be honest he wont be getting ahead of them on the bench either. And even assuming them 4 are injured I would bet Wilder turns to Boyd-Munce and Paddy before he does to Browne. That effectively makes him 7th choice for the attacking central midfield position

I am hoping his move is a permanent. For his sake and ours. A loan is just prolonging an inevitable exit. 

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 1

Not being negative but can't see him getting back into our matchday squad.  Expecting him to go out on loan and hopefully increase his value slightly which must have dropped significantly after his injury record and lack of games at this level

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Teacider said:

Unless I was tripping balls I seem to recall him playing centrally under Warnock as a 10, or Warnock's equivalent of a 10 at least. He was definitely out wide for us before his Oxford loan tho. 

Certainly a question to be asked at least if he could be converted to one of the striking/midfield roles, maybe even wingback. Has the pace, attitude and workrate Wilder likes. Probably a bit hopeful from me but would be nice to see him succeed with us after his dogshit luck here.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MMC said:

Unless I was tripping balls I seem to recall him playing centrally under Warnock as a 10, or Warnock's equivalent of a 10 at least. He was definitely out wide for us before his Oxford loan tho. 

Certainly a question to be asked at least if he could be converted to one of the striking/midfield roles, maybe even wingback. Has the pace, attitude and workrate Wilder likes. Probably a bit hopeful from me but would be nice to see him succeed with us after his dogshit luck here.

Wish we could say the same about Ameobi!

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic