oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

10 minutes ago, Will said:

Warnock signed a player to play ahead of him and was going to send him out on loan. Jones got a chance because of a freak set of circumstances, not because of anything Warnock did.

Actually didn't he get his chance on the left under Warnock? Ameobi is meant  to play on the right wasn't it

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Warnock signed a player to play ahead of him and was going to send him out on loan. Jones got a chance because of a freak set of circumstances, not because of anything Warnock did.

Tbf he could have still sent Jones on loan if he wanted to. We had no fit left back and he still sent Coulson out. He was rightly criticised for that. 

NW praised Jones a number of times and despite the “freak set of circumstances” he did not need to put Jones in. He had other people like Howson he could have put there.

Warnock deserves credit for giving Jones a chance and Wilder deserves credit for taking Jones game to the next level and above. Levels I dont think NW could have taken him to

Jones is the one that deserves credit.

He came off the bench after 71 minutes in a game we were losing and completely changed it.

If he'd done nothing in that match, he might well have faded in to the background again.

• Like 7

Feel like some people are desperately trying to give Neil Warnock credit to give the appearance that they weren't wrong about his desperate mismanagement of this squad. I believe we were averaging 1.1 points per game under him, with the exact same squad were now near the automatics and earning around double the points per game. 

Warnock was a bad manager for us, in every sense. I know people want to give credit for his keeping us up and people liked him for his comedy routine, but he just failed as a manager for us. Anyone with any kind of decent experience could have kept that squad up, it was woodgates mismanagement that put is in the position we were in. Just because he was better than woody doesn't make him good. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Feel like some people are desperately trying to give Neil Warnock credit to give the appearance that they weren't wrong about his desperate mismanagement of this squad. I believe we were averaging 1.1 points per game under him, with the exact same squad were now near the automatics and earning around double the points per game. 

Warnock was a bad manager for us, in every sense. I know people want to give credit for his keeping us up and people liked him for his comedy routine, but he just failed as a manager for us. Anyone with any kind of decent experience could have kept that squad up, it was woodgates mismanagement that put is in the position we were in. Just because he was better than woody doesn't make him good. 

So by your logic are you saying certain managers don't deserve credit for certain achievements because other managers of similar ilk could POSSIBLY do the same thing?

48 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

So by your logic are you saying certain managers don't deserve credit for certain achievements because other managers of similar ilk could POSSIBLY do the same thing?

I thank Warnock for keeping us up that season but I reckon I probably could have kept them up too

From then on it was a disaster imho

11 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

If We'd have brought Wilder in last summer, how many more points would we have taken and how much less deadwood would we be trying to shift?

Half the deadwood we are trying or have shifted look to be Scott’s signings (Onel and JLS) whilst Browne was here before Warnock. 

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Half the deadwood we are trying or have shifted look to be Scott’s signings (Onel and JLS) whilst Browne was here before Warnock. 

Scott didn't join til after the window was already closed. This is just speculation

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Wasn’t JLS signed on a recommendation from one of Warnock’s guys in France?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JTG said:

Wasn’t JLS signed on a recommendation from one of Warnock’s guys in France?

Sort of.

He was identified by the recruitment team (Scott) and Warnock accepted after checking with his guy in France.

That was what Warnock said but as time went on the less I started believing.

Both him and Pulis painted this picture of being honest and open with the media - I didn't buy into it.  Warnock contradicted himself on many occasions and by the end of both tenures they were saying things to make themselves look better.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic