oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Wasn’t that keen on Hendrick when we were linked with him the other week but just like Connolly at least it’s only a loan. If he doesn’t do well then we just send him back; if he does well then we can decide whether we want him long term or not. 

FWIW, I asked my mate who is a Newcastle season card holder and he reckons Hendrick would be a good signing for us and he scores a lot of goals. 

1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

Wonder if we could get Darlow too, werent they after Leno from arsenal

rumours they want Henderson now too.

Imagine at least one of their keepers would be available. Just not Woodman please.

I'm imagining Hendrick making his home debut vs Derby... it would certainly add a bit of extra spice to the game!

His skillset has always revolved around having an unbelievable engine and a decent shot on him, probably one of Derby's best players of the last two decades as well - at 30 he can't be as shot as Newcastle fans are saying so let's see what he can do back at what is probably the right level for him in the Championship.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mj south said:

I remember alot of people not being keen on Sol Bamba!

There was even moans when signing Crooks!

I'd be willing to give any player who joins us a chance before writing them off!

Not that you're wrong but Bamba has had a few shockers for us, and Crooks playing as a pseudo number 10 earlier in the season wasn't particularly good, and he's looked much better as a more orthodox midfielder I think it's fair to say.  Everyone will give Hendricks a chance if he comes here but if some of them have seen a decent amount of him then they'll already have an idea of what he offers.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not that you're wrong but Bamba has had a few shockers for us, and Crooks playing as a pseudo number 10 earlier in the season wasn't particularly good, and he's looked much better as a more orthodox midfielder I think it's fair to say.  Everyone will give Hendricks a chance if he comes here but if some of them have seen a decent amount of him then they'll already have an idea of what he offers.

Bamba may have had a mistake or 2 in him in a couple of games but I'd say we would be adew points worse off without him as he had a stellar start to the season when we had alot of injuries to defenders.

With regards to Crooks I'd say he's been one of our best players when playing as a number 8 and has never looked like a number 10 at all, which you would have to say goes to the old saying of round pegs in round holes.

19 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Wonder if we could get Darlow too, werent they after Leno from arsenal

Tbh I’m not against playing the season with Lumley. He’s improved massively over the past few months. Yeah he had a shocker at Mansfield but he saved us yesterday. He just needs to catch the ball more. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Tbh I’m not against playing the season with Lumley. He’s improved massively over the past few months. Yeah he had a shocker at Mansfield but he saved us yesterday. He just needs to catch the ball more. 

Did he? He didn't make any saves I wouldn't expect and average keeper to make, and he didn't even go for the one that hit the bar

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic