Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think we won a medical award of some description during Karankas time, that does ring a bell

When Bryan English joined from Chelsea. He's since gone back to Chelsea and he's their medical director.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I read yesterday that Andy Carrol is on £1,000 a week at Reading due to the FA sanctions. Really surprised we didn’t make a move for him under Warnock.

Made his first start for them and scored before going off injured, consistent is Andy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@diggerlad07 have you heard anything about the alleged FC Copenhagen links that were bandied about in the summer and that we had been to some of their games. It sounds like they are expecting to do some wheeling and dealing. I remember that someone mentioned we were interested in Jonas Wind and I never thought - and still don't think- that he is a realistic option, but he has since lost a bit of form and have now said that he could be willing to move on in the january window. There haven't really been any clubs mentioned and I think the general feeling is that he is now available for around 7-9 mil. pounds. With  the way we are set up now under Wilder I reckon he would fit right in. Technically very good and a hard worker. A bit like Sporar but a lot stronger and much better with his head. He would certainly be an upgrade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember mentioning him last year as someone that I had heard mentioned, but that was before Scott, so have no idea if it would still apply. At that price, it would probably be a bit of a stretch, but I suppose might be just about doable..  what is his attitude/injury history etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I remember mentioning him last year as someone that I had heard mentioned, but that was before Scott, so have no idea if it would still apply. At that price, it would probably be a bit of a stretch, but I suppose might be just about doable..  what is his attitude/injury history etc?

His physique is great and always hard working. Never stops running and likes to drop a bit deep to participate. Very hard to get the ball from. As an opposing fan he can come across as a.bit of someone who believes his own hype too much. 
Muchael Uhre will also be available on the cheap as his contract runs out in the summer. Last seasons league top scorer and leading the charts again. I’ll be honest I never rated him but he’s come on leaps and bounds these last two years. His team plays 3-5-2 too so he would fit right in. But if the same career trajectory as Pukki has at Brondby. Blistering pace and has developed his finishing very well. Could be a fee as low as 1-1,5 million pounds. This is his chance to move abroad so I doubt he is signing a new contract. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

His physique is great and always hard working. Never stops running and likes to drop a bit deep to participate. Very hard to get the ball from. As an opposing fan he can come across as a.bit of someone who believes his own hype too much. 
Muchael Uhre will also be available on the cheap as his contract runs out in the summer. Last seasons league top scorer and leading the charts again. I’ll be honest I never rated him but he’s come on leaps and bounds these last two years. His team plays 3-5-2 too so he would fit right in. But if the same career trajectory as Pukki has at Brondby. Blistering pace and has developed his finishing very well. Could be a fee as low as 1-1,5 million pounds. This is his chance to move abroad so I doubt he is signing a new contract. 

Think West Ham want him currently 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Sounds like we'll be in the market for a keeper (or two) unless someone impresses Wilder this month. 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19754120.chris-wilder-issues-challenge-middlesbroughs-goalkeepers/

Is Wilder a manager that prioritises keepers that can play it out from the back? Neither Henderson nor Ramsdale had a good pass accuracy whilst at Sheffield which then improved when they left for other clubs so would assume he prefers a no-nonsense shot stopper who gets the ball up the pitch quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Is Wilder a manager that prioritises keepers that can play it out from the back? Neither Henderson nor Ramsdale had a good pass accuracy whilst at Sheffield which then improved when they left for other clubs so would assume he prefers a no-nonsense shot stopper who gets the ball up the pitch quickly.

He said he just wants one that "stops the ball going into the net" 😁

After this season I'm inclined to agree 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Is Wilder a manager that prioritises keepers that can play it out from the back? Neither Henderson nor Ramsdale had a good pass accuracy whilst at Sheffield which then improved when they left for other clubs so would assume he prefers a no-nonsense shot stopper who gets the ball up the pitch quickly.

Boss your area, control the back line, save shots, prevent goals. If they can pass, fine it’s a bonus but I don’t rate passing a priority. I see team progression as when Tav decision making improves, stops taking the extra touch, shot accuracy and scoring goals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-ace-attracting-interest-from-west-brom-middlesbrough-blackburn-rovers-stoke-city-and-hull-city/

"EXCLUSIVE: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ACE ATTRACTING INTEREST FROM WEST BROM, MIDDLESBROUGH, BLACKBURN ROVERS, STOKE CITY AND HULL CITY

Sheffield Wednesday talisman Josh Windass has been scouted by a number of Championship clubs heading into the January transfer window, Football League World can exclusively reveal."

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-ace-attracting-interest-from-west-brom-middlesbrough-blackburn-rovers-stoke-city-and-hull-city/

"EXCLUSIVE: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ACE ATTRACTING INTEREST FROM WEST BROM, MIDDLESBROUGH, BLACKBURN ROVERS, STOKE CITY AND HULL CITY

Sheffield Wednesday talisman Josh Windass has been scouted by a number of Championship clubs heading into the January transfer window, Football League World can exclusively reveal."

Was getting a bit worried there with our yearly link to Windass not appearing 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...