oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Filling gaps with as good or better is one thing, turning us into a donkey sanctuary is something else. Better off not signing rejects and save on the cost of hay and vets fees.

Even Redcar no longer actively uses donkeys to promote and entertain, so its best the Boro follow suit. 😅

• Haha 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Our invention was signing players from abroad that the manager didn't actually want.

It was never a sound strategy.

Payero is still struggling and it's been 6 months.

JLS has been worse than useless.

Sporar has been okay at best.

By far the best signing of the summer was Crooks, and he was from a relegated Championship team, and was probably Warnock's idea.

This…

Just now, scotty189 said:

Lundstram makes alot of sense, not much time left though, Ramsey prob fail his medical

lets hope they do before 11pm, as the deadline in scotland is midnight

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah we'll probably have to be.  I was thinking the other day about the squad as it is now and what it will look like in the summer.  Not sure if I've missed anyone out:

Lumley, Daniels, Brynn, Hall, Fry, Dijksteel, McNair, Bamba, Peltier, Wood*, Bola, Taylor, Jones, Fisher, Howson, Crooks, Tavernier, Payero, McGree, Boyd-Munce, Siliki, Ameobi, Watmore, Connolly, Balogun, Sporar, Coburn*.

*Out on loan

I've put lines through the players I think won't be here next season, or have a fair chance of not being here next season.  Not exactly a lot left really when you look at it and that wouldn't include players we end up selling that we might prefer to keep.

Busy summer ahead 🤔

Payero is definitely going to be here, he’s for the future. No way he’s not

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

As opposed to the strategy of signing UK experienced players that we've had amazing success with since we got relegated? That's a list probably into triple figures of flops.

Sporar, average.

Payero, flopped so far.

Lea Siliki, flopped.

Moukoudi, flopped.

Stojanovic, flopped.

Meijas, flopped.

Braithwaite, flopped.

Fischer, flopped.

Barragan, flopped.

Espinosa, flopped.

De Sart, flopped.

De Pena, flopped.

Kike Sola, flopped.

Kike, flopped (despite the cult status and brilliant attitude).

Vossen, flopped (despite the cult status).

The only arguable successes of players with no prior England experience we've had in recent years are Nsue, Stuani and De Roon.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
Just now, Naisby said:

I’ve got a bad feeling that JLS is here for the long term too 😔

We should see if Celtic want him. He’s not good enough for us but would be one of Celtic best players 😁

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Sporar, average.

Payero, flopped so far.

Lea Siliki, flopped.

Moukoudi, flopped.

Stojanovic, flopped.

Meijas, flopped.

Braithwaite, flopped.

Fischer, flopped.

Barragan, flopped.

Espinosa, flopped.

De Sart, flopped.

De Pena, flopped.

Kike Sola, flopped.

Vossen, flopped (despite the cult status).

The only arguable successes of players with no prior England experience we've had in recent years are Kike, Nsue, Stuani and De Roon.

And people say I'm xenophobic!  Blimey 😲

Just now, Changing Times said:

And people say I'm xenophobic!  Blimey 😲

We've signed absolutely loads of foreign players that have been excellent.

I'm specifically referring to players who'd never played in the UK before we signed them.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic