oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

With the arrival of McGree and now Payero is starting to get minutes ... 

I Would like to see Crooks used as a striker the last 25 mins of games ... I think him and Sporar could do some damage together and their patterns of runs might be well suited for succes. Do you follow me? 

I would also love to see more of Coburn ... I think he will be a great goal scorer sooner or later .. 

An ok window over all, as we didn't lose any good players bar the Uche late sub option ... 

Blackburn are weaker and I think they will drop out of the auto spots chase .. 

QPR, Bournemouth and us as  a dark horse for the 2nd auto spot .. Fulham will win the title. 

I also think Sheffield United will squueze into top six somehow ... 

WBA, us, Rovers and Sheffield U  will fight for the last 3 spots in the top Six 

Edited by SmogDane
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I Would like to see Crooks used as a striker the last 25 mins of games ... I think him and Sporar could do some damage together and their patterns of runs might be well suited for succes. Do you follow me

I would also love to see more of Coburn ... I think he will be a great goal scorer sooner or later .. 

An ok window over all, as we didn't lose any good players bare the Uche late sub option ... 

QPR, Bournemouth and us as  a dark horse for the 2nd auto spot .. Fulham will win the title. 

WBA, us, Rovers Sheffield U  will fight for the last 3 spots in the top Six 

No Way GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Upon reflection,

I think it was either our inability to move JLS, the inability to guarantee game time or Hendrick thinking QPR was a better move which stopped the Hendrick deal from materializing.  Regardless of the reason I'm pleased.  It might have pushed Payero down the pecking order by another position and at the end of the day he is our asset, Hendrick would have been on loan.  Payero is only going to get up to speed by playing significant minutes in a game (not coming on for 5) and hopefully he can get some over the last third of the season.  

As for Clark, I think he would have been a good addition but if he was prepared to take the risk of not being registered or not being part of matchday squads then I would definitely question his character and think we are better off without him.

I would much rather we waited until the summer window than bring in players last minute on inflated deals or panic buys who wouldn't improve us.

I think we look slightly stronger than we did in September and that is a positive.  

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Late announcement MFC did indeed make a new signing yesterday.

A Mrs Miggins, who had previously run a pie shop in town was appointed "server of tea" at Rockliffe Park and host to all visitors who bothered to turn up.

Understand that there was some concern over the state of her wooden teeth but her floppy hat clinched the deal!

MFC state they are delighted to welcome Mrs Miggins and her very strange ways and look forward to having a cuppa or two and at a cost of only one penny a cup.

Also we are told that Riley McGree is looking forward to being served by Mrs Miggins because he too likes to wear floppy hats especially those with a few corks attached!

I've witnessed Mrs Miggins, well Ms Miggins now. She has not been the same since the passing of her husband where her ability to handle a hot pie has seriously deteriorated, she dropped my chicken & mushroom pie and then proceeded to kick it around the floor a few times as she could where it had gone due to her cataracts, before handing me what could only be described as chicken and mushroom soup.
Im not sure if its just down to the temperature of the hot pie or if she has had nowhere to practice her cast iron iron grip since Mr Miggins' death but i fear for safety of the fine bone china at Rockcliffe.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I Would like to see Crooks used as a striker the last 25 mins of games ... I think him and Sporar could do some damage together and their patterns of runs might be well suited for succes. Do you follow me? 

An ok window over all, as we didn't lose any good players bar the Uche late sub option ... 

WBA, us, Rovers and Sheffield U  will fight for the last 3 spots in the top Six 

How are Blackburn weaker?

10 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Upon reflection,

I think it was either our inability to move JLS, the inability to guarantee game time or Hendrick thinking QPR was a better move which stopped the Hendrick deal from materializing.  Regardless of the reason I'm pleased.  It might have pushed Payero down the pecking order by another position and at the end of the day he is our asset, Hendrick would have been on loan.  Payero is only going to get up to speed by playing significant minutes in a game (not coming on for 5) and hopefully he can get some over the last third of the season.  

As for Clark, I think he would have been a good addition but if he was prepared to take the risk of not being registered or not being part of matchday squads then I would definitely question his character and think we are better off without him.

I would much rather we waited until the summer window than bring in players last minute on inflated deals or panic buys who wouldn't improve us.

I think we look slightly stronger than we did in September and that is a positive.  

Agree with all of this especially the bits in bold.

We don't need to go all in like Bournemouth have

Happy with the window if you’d have asked me before what I’d have wanted before Jan would’ve said 2 strikers and we’ve got them in early. Rarely does signing multiple players in Jan actually work. Would much rather not waste money and concentrate on getting players in for the summer ie howson replacements etc this work will have already started. 

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I would guess he thought Brereton Diaz was sold to Barcelona, but that fell through when Aubambeyang signed after all.

Wtf 

I am sure I saw a picture of him signed for Barca .. 

Must be fake then... 🤣

6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Interesting to see Defoe going to Sunderland...    wonder if he will be next in the hot seat ?

Doesn't strike me as a manager to be honest. Maybe a forward coach, if anything.

Just now, SmogDane said:

Wtf 

I am sure I saw a picture of him signed for Barca .. 

Must be fake then... 🤣

No, it was just a photo taken of him holding the scarf during a stadium tour he did in 2019 while on an all inclusive in Lloret de Mar.

• Like 1

Regarding Lewis Wing, the stuff from Pompey about him signing only till the end of the season was clearly true, because that's what he's done at Wycombe too. Signed permanently, but only till the end of this season.

Good luck to him, hope he rediscovers his form!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Regarding Lewis Wing, the stuff from Pompey about him signing only till the end of the season was clearly true, because that's what he's done at Wycombe too. Signed permanently, but only till the end of this season.

Good luck to him, hope he rediscovers his form!

Are you holding up okay?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Are you holding up okay?

I knew this day was coming, I've had time to come to terms with it and be ready when it finally arrived.

I will watch his career with interest though and I genuinely hope he's successful, because I really do believe there's a tidy player in there.

• Thanks 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic