oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Crazy for a player to decide to sit on their ass for the rest of the season. 

Maybe they'll get lucky and go out on loan to a country where the window is still open 

The League of Ireland is still open but I doubt if anyone would want Ciaran Clark 😃

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

The League of Ireland is still open but I doubt if anyone would want Ciaran Clark 😃

He’s still got 18 months on he’s contract so might be hoping that Newcastle will pay up he’s contract and he can retire to Australia or somewhere 

3 minutes ago, ABH said:

He’s still got 18 months on he’s contract so might be hoping that Newcastle will pay up he’s contract and he can retire to Australia or somewhere 

Yes that’s true. They can afford it to get him off the books 

53 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Ciaran Clark, Jamal Lewis and Isaac Hayden left out of Geordies squad.

Hayden is injured 

Clark turned us down - says a lot about him

Lewis - he's the one nufc player Id have taken in the window

Why would you have Lewis who also turned down a loan? Surely it “says a lot about him” too.

2 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Birmingham I believe it was. 

Well I would turn down Birmingham!! 😂

But yeh I guess same comment applies to him as Clark.  Only difference is we are a genuine promotion chance compared to Birmingham and he'd have to move house to play for them.

Just looking at the out of contract players in the summer and there is a few that really standout. I'm thinking with a realistic cap on, so unfortunately that rules out the likes of Mbappe, Pogba, Dybala and Jed Wallace. 

Also bare in mind a few of the these players do have rumours doing the rounds that they are to be offered new deals at their current clubs (I'll put a little asterisk against those).

I'm also judging the players on purely what I've witnessed of them as opposed to delving into their stats. I'm also assuming we are still in the Championship, although a few on the list I reckon would be decent if we did get promoted.

* GK - Alex McCarthy - Seems a decent PL level keeper to me. Had a weird semi fallout with Hasenhuttl last season, but is seemingly No.1 again. Would he be willing to drop down a division and likely take a wage drop too.

* CB -  Romain Saiss - Importantly a left footed centre half. Also has been playing very well for a number of years in a Wolves system that relies heavily on a back 3. Similar to McCarthy would he be willing to drop down.

CB - Jack Stephens - One time Boro loanee, comes across as an unspectacular but very reliable player. Can also play at the heart of defence or midfield.

LWB - Ghislain Konan - If Taylor was at the defensive end of a wing back spectrum and Jones at the offensive side, Konan would be somewhere in the middle of it. Plays in a system with wing backs for Reims. Also put some good performances in at AFCON recently too.

CM - Pascal Groß - Whenever I watch Brighton Groß always seems to be a real energetic presence in midfield. Likes to get forward, feels like he's more of a creative force rather than an actual goal scoring threat.

ST - Danilo - Bit more of a punt this, he's a relatively small striker, bit in the mould of Connelly/Watmore. But was in pretty good goalscoring form whilst on loan at Twente last season. Seems to be a decent enough finisher and appears to have some intelligent movement. Think he was recently linked with Hull, so think he'd definitely be in our price range.

17 hours ago, Foogle said:

JLS must be proper cack in training, both managers seem to have written him off with little game time. Hasn't exactly impressed in the limited minutes he has had either. Maybe he'll come good with an extended run it's silly to write off any professional football player.

Indeed Connelly for starters!

13 hours ago, Foogle said:

Just like the Oneboro forum attracts reprobates and trouble makers, it's an endemic issue to everything Boro related it seems. 😞

I agree but the oneBoro forum attracts nice people oh and some "Angels" as well

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just looking at the out of contract players in the summer and there is a few that really standout. I'm thinking with a realistic cap on, so unfortunately that rules out the likes of Mbappe, Pogba, Dybala and Jed Wallace. 

Also bare in mind a few of the these players do have rumours doing the rounds that they are to be offered new deals at their current clubs (I'll put a little asterisk against those).

I'm also judging the players on purely what I've witnessed of them as opposed to delving into their stats. I'm also assuming we are still in the Championship, although a few on the list I reckon would be decent if we did get promoted.

* GK - Alex McCarthy - Seems a decent PL level keeper to me. Had a weird semi fallout with Hasenhuttl last season, but is seemingly No.1 again. Would he be willing to drop down a division and likely take a wage drop too.

* CB -  Romain Saiss - Importantly a left footed centre half. Also has been playing very well for a number of years in a Wolves system that relies heavily on a back 3. Similar to McCarthy would he be willing to drop down.

CB - Jack Stephens - One time Boro loanee, comes across as an unspectacular but very reliable player. Can also play at the heart of defence or midfield.

LWB - Ghislain Konan - If Taylor was at the defensive end of a wing back spectrum and Jones at the offensive side, Konan would be somewhere in the middle of it. Plays in a system with wing backs for Reims. Also put some good performances in at AFCON recently too.

CM - Pascal Groß - Whenever I watch Brighton Groß always seems to be a real energetic presence in midfield. Likes to get forward, feels like he's more of a creative force rather than an actual goal scoring threat.

ST - Danilo - Bit more of a punt this, he's a relatively small striker, bit in the mould of Connelly/Watmore. But was in pretty good goalscoring form whilst on loan at Twente last season. Seems to be a decent enough finisher and appears to have some intelligent movement. Think he was recently linked with Hull, so think he'd definitely be in our price range.

Lmao. Groß and Saiss are just as unrealistic as Pogba and Mbappe. There is no chance either of them will drop down to the Championship. It’s probably a different story if we go up this season though, even then I would expect them both to stay at their respective clubs given how important they are!  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Luton's Adebayo out of contract in the summer according to transfermarkt, he had a good game against us and on 11 for the season

Vydra available in the summer as well

Edited by LBP
  • Like 1