oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Seeing as this thread is still open...

Read an article suggesting that Ørjan Nyland would be a decent keeper to replace Lumley, and he's a free agent and only 31 so got a good few years left in him. Last played for Bournemouth.

I don't know much about him, can anyone (particularly our resident Scandinavians) shine some light as to whether or not he'd be a decent signing?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Read an article suggesting that Ørjan Nyland would be a decent keeper to replace Lumley, and he's a free agent and only 31 so got a good few years left in him. Last played for Bournemouth.

I don't know much about him, can anyone (particularly our resident Scandinavians) shine some light as to whether or not he'd be a decent signing?

Hasn't allways been a reserve whereever he's been. Looks prone to injury in recent years. Big no from me.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm pretty sure Bournemouth fans hated him.

Nyland dropped some real clangers at Villa. Definitely not what we need.

I note Sean Morrison at Cardiff is a free agent this summer. Always thought he was one of the better CBs at this level. 31yrs old. 

7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Nyland dropped some real clangers at Villa. Definitely not what we need.

I note Sean Morrison at Cardiff is a free agent this summer. Always thought he was one of the better CBs at this level. 31yrs old. 

I think Morrison is out with an ACL so at 31 that's a serious setback. He's also right footed when we could do with a left footed CB, however If he's fully fit and over the injury I'd be tempted assuming that Bamba won't be staying on (although happy if he does). 

I wonder if we revisit our interest in Matt Clarke of Brighton after his loan at WBA ends. He is the one we went for and apparently was travelling up here until Derby stepped in.

He is a left footed CB.

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I wonder if we revisit our interest in Matt Clarke of Brighton after his loan at WBA ends. He is the one we went for and apparently was travelling up here until Derby stepped in.

He is a left footed CB.

DERBY Again!

I don't think there's much point signing a free agent keeper unless he's significantly better than Lumley and Daniels, feels like a waste of money. Nyland was a free agent because he's pretty bang average too, as far as I can tell. Keeper situation needs revisiting in the summer but right now, rocking the boat for rocking's sake seems pointless. Better the devil you know and all that.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well he is Irish, so he ticks all the boxes.

Didn't we get a bit of a link with him in January when we were also looking at Hendrick and Clark?  I seem to remember his name being mentioned then.

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well he is Irish, so he ticks all the boxes.

Didn't we get a bit of a link with him in January when we were also looking at Hendrick and Clark?  I seem to remember his name being mentioned then.

English, Northern Irish and Jamaican, he ticks a few boxes.

I remember him being decent for Norwich, so I wouldn't be hugely against it.

But we get linked with Newcastle players every single window and nothing ever comes of it.

The only one we've signed in the last 3 decades is Sammy Ameobi.

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

We get linked with Newcastle players every single window.

The only one we've signed in the last 3 decades is Sammy Ameobi.

I think the links in January were pretty solid ones to be fair

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think the links in January were pretty solid ones to be fair

Yeah, Wilder basically confirmed that we wanted them both, but for whatever reason they never seem to want to come here.

Probably doesn't help that Middlesbrough is a hole compared to Newcastle, it's easier to tempt people from Sunderland because Sunderland is worse.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, Wilder basically confirmed that we wanted them both, but for whatever reason they never seem to want to come here.

Probably doesn't help that Middlesbrough is a hole compared to Newcastle, it's easier to tempt people from Sunderland because Sunderland is also horrible.

I wonder if Hendrick got the promise of guaranteed football perhaps?  Clark didn't go anywhere did he?  So he's probably hoping to wangle a Premier League move in the summer still, and maybe feels dropping down to the Championship, and not looking that good, would hinder that.