oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I wonder if we will go back in for that Brazilian that Fulham signed ahead of us or do you think the Muniz too tight to mention. 

I been thinking this as no way will he be upfront much for Fulham in the prem. He has barley played for them in the championship. So could get him on loan I guess 

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

I been thinking this as no way will he be upfront much for Fulham in the prem. He has barley played for them in the championship. So could get him on loan I guess 

Very similar season to coburn. Not many games but has scored 5 in 404 mins in the league. That's a goal every 80mins. He'll be looking a loan I'm sure

• Like 1

Is Muniz any good at this level? There was plenty of hype at the time but that was I suspect more because he was South American and a bit more exotic than our recent targets. I can understand him not getting a sniff ahead of Mitrovic but as we have seen Payero has needed time to settle and find his feet and I'd rather not take on someone else's project next season only to find he couldn't score in the Bongo. 

The next question is his style of play, is he a Wilder type high intensity Striker who runs around a lot or a conventional goal scoring Centre Forward?

I would like us go in for Viktor Gyökeres, as we've seen he's a real handful and works very hard for his team. I think he would suit our style very well. Can't see him going cheaply though.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, Dynamo Kev said:

i like that piroe lad at swansea. him and gyrockres from coventry do me. 

I agree, both Piroe and Gyokeres look very good strikers for this level (and beyond, as they are both pretty young). Gyokeres was a proper handful against us at the Riverside, looked very well rounded.

• Like 1

Just looking at transfermarkt, not sure how correct it is regarding contract expiry, it shows Nathan Wood as having no expiry date?

But apart from that we stand to lose atleast 8 players come the end of the season. Inc Jonny Howson. That will be quite a significant rebuild. Hopefully we do sell Spence and recoup a decent fee for him which can be used to replenish the squad.

Screenshot_20220410-081355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8c0935c6689d33626a290087c720e19d.jpg

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Just looking at transfermarkt, not sure how correct it is regarding contract expiry, it shows Nathan Wood as having no expiry date?

But apart from that we stand to lose atleast 8 players come the end of the season. Inc Jonny Howson. That will be quite a significant rebuild. Hopefully we do sell Spence and recoup a decent fee for him which can be used to replenish the squad.

Screenshot_20220410-081355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8c0935c6689d33626a290087c720e19d.jpg

Not sure we'll miss any of those players tbh. Possibly Howson, but don't think he's irreplaceable by any means. 

I'd offer Howson a new deal and if Bamba is up for another Season then I'd also keep him on board if the finances suited both parties. The rest of them can be replaced and even if we recruited badly they would have to be really poor to be worse than what we have with those remaining six. Sporar pre-January would be worth considering but at around £1.5M to £2M max which rules him out, the Sporar since January isn't worth retaining at any price (which probably begs questions in itself).

4 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

i'd be only sad to see howson leave from that lot. others like bamba do well for us when called upon but can easily and cheaply replaced with better suited players.