oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

19 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I wouldn’t change anything at the minute I think the midfield 3 are doing well but obviously Howson isn’t a long term option.

The jury is still out on Payero for me. He needs to take his chance when it come.

I honestly think we will see the best of him next year/season. He will have a full preseason with us, will know the language better, and the league. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I honestly think we will see the best of him next year/season. He will have a full preseason with us, will know the language better, and the league. 

No @Johnmfc81 he won’t know the Premier League initially. He will have to get used to it the same as the rest of the team 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
44 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I hope so it took the little fella time to settle in. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Tbf it's a difficult one right now as all three CMs are playing well. Payero when given his chance needs to shine.

Interested to know though out of the 3 currently in the team which would you drop? 

I wouldn’t but just thought it was an interesting note to see the difference in attitude because people are behind Wilder

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

I wouldn’t but just thought it was an interesting note to see the difference in attitude because people are behind Wilder

yes its really obvious the players are behind him. like it was clearly obvious our players hated being forced to play the way warnock wanted.

howson is a great example of a professional who does what the managers asks. see how his game has changed? all he used to do was hide and hoof percentage balls over fullbacks heads. now he plays the ball is always available. its like night and day comparing him under each manager. 

• Like 3

The good thing is that we aren’t pressed to selling Tav, so any club that comes in we can press. The best situation is if Leeds and Newcastle both come in and they outbid each other. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Borodane said:

Apparently Leeds are selling Rapinha for about 40 million. That would give them enough money and a bit of desperation for us to fleece them for Tav if they want him. 

True' we want at least £50 for him.

• Haha 1
On 12/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, GrimsbyBoro said:

The ‘exciting Argentinian wonder kid no one had ever heard of’ not playing for Warnockosaurus because he is a little Britainer was an easy stick to beat Warnock with. 

I am interested to see how he does when/if he gets a run in the team.

Not sure it was because Warnock is/was a "Little Britain-er". After all, he didn't mind playing Bola, Dijksteel, Morsy, Ikpeazu etc.

Think it was simply that his brand of football didn't require skilful players, who are good on the ball.

In theory Payero should be better suited to playing under Wilder, but as has been said, he'll need to wait for his chance, then grab it with both hands.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Borodane said:

I hope we have better negotiators employed. 

I dunno - £50 is a significant improvement on a bag of Quavers and a handful of Quality Street...or whatever the previous estimates were. 😁

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I dunno - £50 is a significant improvement on a bag of Quavers and a handful of Quality Street...or whatever the previous estimates were. 😁

We still want to get at least half a pear drop for Spence. Spence probably still has his lift sorted for him wherever he goes too, plenty of Boro fans who'd say they'd drive him themselves. I think whoever owns a scooter will win that privilege.

• Haha 1
On 12/24/2021 at 8:51 PM, GrimsbyBoro said:

The jury is still out on Payero for me. He needs to take his chance when it come.

When he got into a bit of fitness he looked a step above. It's a shame he keeps getting injured, he's probably not used to the physicality.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Not sure it was because Warnock is/was a "Little Britain-er". After all, he didn't mind playing Bola, Dijksteel, Morsy, Ikpeazu etc.

It was certainly what people were saying about Warnock and the implication was Payero wasn’t playing because he was a foreigner.

Warnocks actual history of signings and playing people doesn’t back up the theory but when things are going bad truth doesn’t matter.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic