oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Blimey there are some holier than thous out today. Young lad who has got a bird off the tele....and as for that Grealish lad we once nearly signed. 0h and don’t start me on Woodgate and Downing ..disgrace to the area both of them!!

perhaps we give the people in charge a bit of credit lads and lasses.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Absolutely not, assuming we could afford them there are plenty of other Footballers who manage to focus on their standards of Professionalism. 

Would you sign Ronaldo and Messi if they were Covid positive and french kissing?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Why do you think those things have been said and take George Friend just as one example where things haven't been said about him? 

Maybe because George friend isn’t from the area? Just because they go out with lads they grew up with who might look like wrong uns dosnt meen that there up to no good. Downing grew up in pally park and still knocks about with lads from his childhood. You’ve got to respect that. But people see them with these people and just think he’s a wrong un aswell. I bet your one of them. 

Connolly looks like a good move for me, pacey with an eye for goal and a little bit of feistyness. On paper perfect for our system.

I thought he would be back up to Sporar, but I think he likes to play in the left channel so maybe they can play together in rotation with Watmore and one more signing.

Wilder will take absolutely zero crap from any player so I’m not worried about anything like that.

Hope we’ve negotiated a buy clause just in case this turns out really well after we’ve taking a little bit of a risk giving one of our signing slots away.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Can’t believe people are saying they wouldn’t have grealish 😂😂what type of standard of player are yous wanting? Glad yous arnt in charge of recruitment. Wouldn’t sign anyone 

You wouldn't happen to be one of those folks who laugh when clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea etc. spends hundreds of millions on big-name players, but end up with a collection of individuals, instead of a team and start losing games they would normally expect to win?

I'm pretty sure most of us do...don't we?

Thats why a player's personality / attitude etc. is just as (if not more) important than their level of skill.

As I said before, if Wilder & Scott are satisfied then all we can do is defer to their judgement. But if players have had disciplinary  problems in the past, it is reasonable to be at least slightly concerned.

Doesn't exactly make good reading, does it?

https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/time-is-now-for-aaron-connolly-to-grow-up/

• Like 1
Just now, Mfcdanny said:

Maybe because George friend isn’t from the area? Just because they go out with lads they grew up with who might look like wrong uns dosnt meen that there up to no good. Downing grew up in pally park and still knocks about with lads from his childhood. You’ve got to respect that. But people see them with these people and just think he’s a wrong un aswell. I bet your one of them. 

I think Downing seems a decent lad for what it's worth. By your logic every Player is a wrong un in their home towns?

Here's a hint, maybe it's because George Friend is a mature, well rounded, decent lad regardless of where he comes from.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

You wouldn't happen to be one of those folks who laugh when clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea etc. spends hundreds of millions on big-name players, but end up with a collection of individuals, instead of a team and start losing games they would normally expect to win?

Thats why a player's personality / attitude etc. is just as (if not more) important than their level of skill.

As I said before, if Wilder & Scott are satisfied then all we can do is defer to their judgement. But if players have had disciplinary  problems in the past, it is reasonable to be at least slightly concerned.

https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/time-is-now-for-aaron-connolly-to-grow-up/

Is that article really that bad? Went to a party while injured and got a bit horny during lockdown🤣 And do you honestly think an online video shows the whole truth? I was expecting something a lot worse after reading on here what a douchebag he apparently is  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

No wonder you struggled with the length of my first post.

Different guy, seems you struggle with the length of a username tho. xoxo

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, MMC said:

Would you sign Ronaldo and Messi if they were Covid positive and french kissing?

no way in hell GIF

1. They're both close to retirement

2. Would want way too much money

3. Wouldn't enjoy the wonders of Teesside life

4. Wouldn't enjoy warming the bench behind Tav, Crooks and Payero

🤪

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Is that article really that bad? Went to a party while injured and got a bit horny during lockdown🤣 And do you honestly think an online video shows the whole truth? I was expecting something a lot worse after reading on here what a douchebag he apparently is  

20 year old lad doesn’t turn a lass down because we are in lockdown. He shouldn’t play football again 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Crikey, even I hadn't realised it was that bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think Downing seems a decent lad for what it's worth. By your logic every Player is a wrong un in their home towns?

Here's a hint, maybe it's because George Friend is a mature, well rounded, decent lad regardless of where he comes from.

Not at all. I’m just saying why I think people believe that sort of thing. But by your logic we would have a team of Jehovah's Witnesses playing week in week out. People make mistakes all the time. Not just players. I just like to give people a chance before judge them. I’ve met many people who I have thought are *** or heard rumours about and they turn out to be nice lads. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic