oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Last time we signed an Ireland international I remember having the argument about how good he was over and over on here, people were disappointed we'd spent what we had on him believe it or not. Randolph didn't turn out too bad did he?

Connolly is more than good enough for this league and will be a massive upgrade on watmore. Delighted with this one. 

Pretty sure Randolph didn't have the same kind of reputation preceding him though.

25 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

All of the above made painful and boring reading!😝

You love it...and you know it! 😜

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Can't say I'm that fussed by any of the off-field issues from that list.

I certainly don't care about his girlfriend's career as a reason to dislike him.

I'm much more bothered by his apparent petulance when he wasn't getting picked.

But hopefully a new club and environment could be the making of him.

It's happened twice with Spence, even if it wasn't a permanent improvement here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

31 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

All of the above made painful and boring reading!😝

You love it...and you know it! 😜

That's the problem with Forums, I blame the Romans, I mean what did they ever do for us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Doubt either would consider themselves Irish?  Rice and Grealish were both born in England, lived their whole lives in England, and only ever played for English clubs.

They were only going to use Irish grandparents to get an international career with Ireland if the England call up looked unlikely. 

Grealish was Irish enough to play Gaelic Games as a kid.His father said it would help him anticipate tackles!

Guess that didnt work too well!

Irish enough to play 19 times for Irish underage

Rice was Irish enough to play 17 times underage & 3 friendlys for the senior squad. Your point is valid though.Both using the Irish set up as a stepping stone. Yes i did google some of that & yes i am bored.

Im not sure of the relevance of this to the transfer thread however

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CrazyL said:

Well one can only hope that Wilder & Scott are reading this forum this morning and realise the error of their ways before they complete the deal?

It would have saved us a lot of money in the past if someone at the club had been doing just that over the last 5 years or so.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, edinboro said:

Deary me, how negative are folk. Let's give the lad a chance. He's young. Would you not sign Grealish or Foden? Both have behaved terribly over the last year.

I'd be quite happy to sign either of them in the unlikely event that they fancy a loan move to Boro.  I'd also sign Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, De Bruyne, Sterling, Salah, Sane, Van Dijk, and various other world class players as well.  I don't really see what that has to do with Aaron Connolly mind?  He is a million miles away from that level 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Is that article really that bad? Went to a party while injured and got a bit horny during lockdown🤣 And do you honestly think an online video shows the whole truth? I was expecting something a lot worse after reading on here what a douchebag he apparently is  

Another month, another story in the newspapers about Aaron Connolly involving nothing to do with playing football for Brighton & Hove Albion.  The bits in bold aren't ideal.  Neither is this bit:

'But even if Connolly is not suited to a possession based system, he has still had numerous scoring chances to add to his five career goals to date.

Some of his misses have been downright outrageous; easy opportunities which you would expect a striker in Sussex Sunday League Division Six to put away after a night in Shoosh – let alone a professional footballer on £20,000 a week several hours before they enter Shoosh.

Connolly’s free header high and wide from two yards out against Sheffield United last season won our WAB Miss of the Season award. Him firing over an open goal from five yards at West Brom came second in the same category. A unique, unwanted and quite telling one-two.

Other highlights included hitting the corner flag when one-on-one with Bernd Leno against Arsenal and failing to roll the ball into an open goal when Spurs visited the Amex, giving Toby Alderweireld the chance to block.

Things have not been any better this season. In the only 45 minutes he has made it onto the pitch in a Brighton shirt, Connolly failed to hit the target with a simple chance front and centre of the goal in the 2-0 win over Watford.'

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Last time we signed an Ireland international I remember having the argument about how good he was over and over on here, people were disappointed we'd spent what we had on him believe it or not. Randolph didn't turn out too bad did he?

Well, I suppose that depends on what you believe, doesn't it!

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Another month, another story in the newspapers about Aaron Connolly involving nothing to do with playing football for Brighton & Hove Albion.  The bits in bold aren't ideal.  Neither is this bit:

'But even if Connolly is not suited to a possession based system, he has still had numerous scoring chances to add to his five career goals to date.

Some of his misses have been downright outrageous; easy opportunities which you would expect a striker in Sussex Sunday League Division Six to put away after a night in Shoosh – let alone a professional footballer on £20,000 a week several hours before they enter Shoosh.

Connolly’s free header high and wide from two yards out against Sheffield United last season won our WAB Miss of the Season award. Him firing over an open goal from five yards at West Brom came second in the same category. A unique, unwanted and quite telling one-two.

Other highlights included hitting the corner flag when one-on-one with Bernd Leno against Arsenal and failing to roll the ball into an open goal when Spurs visited the Amex, giving Toby Alderweireld the chance to block.

Things have not been any better this season. In the only 45 minutes he has made it onto the pitch in a Brighton shirt, Connolly failed to hit the target with a simple chance front and centre of the goal in the 2-0 win over Watford.'

Sounds exactly like our sort of striker then mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

But I thought we were meant to be strengthening - not just getting more of the same? 

Can't be accused of ruining strikers if they're already *** when you get them

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic