oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

Do people watch football? Todd Cantwell. Norwich turned down £25m-£30m bids for him in the summer.

Some fans are deluded.

Not saying that your comment isn’t true, as I agree that we have no chance of getting Cantwell…

… but I do find it interesting that fans are deluded for thinking we could possibly get Cantwell, a 23 year old who is on the fringes of a team who are bottom of the league and have been embarrassingly poor at times, yet a lot of fans are up in arms about signing a 21 year old who is in a very similar position, in terms of his position within the squad, of a much better team who are currently 10th in the PL. 

I know there are question marks over his personal life, but in terms of his quality as a player, I don’t think we are likely to attract much better. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Not saying that your comment isn’t true, as I agree that we have no chance of getting Cantwell…

… but I do find it interesting that fans are deluded for thinking we could possibly get Cantwell, a 23 year old who is on the fringes of a team who are bottom of the league and have been embarrassingly poor at times, yet a lot of fans are up in arms about signing a 21 year old who is in a very similar position, in terms of his position within the squad, of a much better team who are currently 10th in the PL. 

I know there are question marks over his personal life, but in terms of his quality as a player, I don’t think we are likely to attract much better. 

Cantwell was a standout performer during their promotion season. People need to be more realistic. If we have spoken to Norwich it would be for someone like Idah. As for Connolly, I think it's a great signing. Fits our system and is more suited to Wilder and the way he wants his team to play. 

Hopefully we can add a left-footed defender, recall Spence, add a left-footed midfielder and bring in two strikers.

Ideally shifting a GK out along with Hall, terminating Silki's loan and Ikpeazu.

Then give some youngsters an opportunity to go out on loan for half a season too.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

If we get Cantwell on loan I will eat poo on Facebook live. No way we are getting him 🤣

I hope 🥴

Choose another platform to do it and you may earn a bob or two 🤣 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Cantwell might be going through a bad spell at the moment but I think he's shown in the previous few seasons that he has the ability to be a Premier league player. 

If he was available I'd expect a mid table Premier league team to end up signing him. At the moment I think he's out of our league. 

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Cantwell might be going through a bad spell at the moment but I think he's shown in the previous few seasons that he has the ability to be a Premier league player. 

If he was available I'd expect a mid table Premier league team to end up signing him. At the moment I think he's out of our league. 

Oh I’m not disagreeing…

… just merely stating that it’s interesting the difference of opinion on the two players if you compare them solely based on their current positions at their respective clubs

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

If we lose Tav as a free transfer would we get compensation because he's from our academy? Or does that only apply to youth players? 

His contract does not expire until June 2024 so he still has 2.5yrs left to run on it so we wont be losing him on a free anytime soon

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

His contract does not expire until June 2024 so he still has 2.5yrs left to run on it so we wont be losing him on a free anytime soon

I've seen June 2023 banded about but maybe we have an extra year option. Otherwise we only have a season and a bit left. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic