oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Bola gets plenty of slack but the fact is he is very injury prone and ideally we would have a steady first choice with Bola as backup whenever he is fit. 

he had a hernia operation in the summer that lead to complications.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Bola gets plenty of slack but the fact is he is very injury prone and ideally we would have a steady first choice with Bola as backup whenever he is fit. 

Is he injury prone or do we keep rushing him back and hurting him again?

I think where injuries to players happen it’s interesting to look at the difference between on pitch injuries and those in training.

lots has been said about the various styles of training in recent weeks as well as the medical support and ongoing information that they provide to tailor trading regimes appropriate to each player. 

If a player is doing what they are asked to do both in training and on the pitch but keep being injured I’m conflicted by the fact that paying a player who is always out injured isn’t something we can afford to do, but cancelling a contract with a player who’s family relies on his income purely because he has done what was asked of him is something I’m not sure I could do. If it was a case of repeated instances off recklessness or stupidity then sure, but if I had my contract cancelled by my boss and I had only done what I’d been asked to do and in the way I’d been asked to do it, I would be looking for a good employment law expert.

There was no plan to bring Spence back. He has a bad reputation at the club. If there was a plan to bring him back it would’ve been announced already especially with the Sheff United debacle.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Humpty said:

There was no plan to bring Spence back. He has a bad reputation at the club. If there was a plan to bring him back it would’ve been announced already especially with the Sheff United debacle.

Do you think he’ll stay on loan or will the club try to sell him this month? 

I might be in minority but happy for Spence to remain at Forest as he not getting in ahead of Jones.

Insofar as recalling him to sell him goes I am sure any buying club can still put a bid in if they wish. The buying club know he cant join them until summer. Therefore whether he here or at forest will not affect any bids coming in for him.

• Like 1

I’m not ITK lads that’s all in jest. I don’t know anymore than what I’ve said. Things change so he might still come back but all things being equal (ie no Covid) that wasn’t the plan due to his bad influence in the dressing room;  particularly when he wasn’t playing.

4 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I know it was reported we offered a contract when Bola got injured but I can’t recall the club announcing he actually signed. 

I suspect this is agent talk to get a few extra quid on one of Taylor’s last contracts.

About a week ago it was written he was "expected to sign" till the end of the season. They might have a contract ready to sign, just waiting till his current one is up. 

What about Coulson? He was also a direct pacey LWB . would he not be someone who Wilder could use on that side? Or is his play not up to this teams standards?

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I might be in minority but happy for Spence to remain at Forest as he not getting in ahead of Jones.

Insofar as recalling him to sell him goes I am sure any buying club can still put a bid in if they wish. The buying club know he cant join them until summer. Therefore whether he here or at forest will not affect any bids coming in for him.

Just to clarify he can join another club but can’t play. So he could sign for someone and theoretically be loaned back to Forest.

4 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

What about Coulson? He was also a direct pacey LWB . would he not be someone who Wilder could use on that side? Or is his play not up to this teams standards?

That's actually not a bad thought. He certainly has pretty good pace, though can be a little erratic (immature) from game to game or even within a game. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic